Awning Question (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
Buying a Sunncamp porch awning what attaches to the van by rails. Its a small Sunncamp swift. It this the rails i need to attach to the van?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Just be very careful about how it is fitted, we bought a used van with a rail under the awning, was the cause of water ingress, fortunately covered by the warranty we got, glad it didn't wait a couple more weeks before we had torrential rain, sheer chance we were in the van to see water running down the inside.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Just be very careful about how it is fitted, we bought a used van with a rail under the awning, was the cause of water ingress, fortunately covered by the warranty we got, glad it didn't wait a couple more weeks before we had torrential rain, sheer chance we were in the van to see water running down the inside.

Ill be fitting it myself mate with an ocean of silicon behind it but due to height i may have to put that on the roof rack and use a drop to prevent draught.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
I was thinking the rail was fatter or this pipping fatter. 5MM, is that rail still the correct one?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes what would be the postage on that. Nothing worse than getting to a checkout and finding out your paying over first class price and items taking a week to arrive. Ill order later tonight when i have the awning just to double check. Cheers
Delivery is by courier, normally next day for this item and costs £6-95p including VAT

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Ill be fitting it myself mate with an ocean of silicon behind it but due to height i may have to put that on the roof rack and use a drop to prevent draught.
dont waste your time and money using silicon, it will fail quickly. use a urethane based adhesive/sealant like sikaflex

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back