LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
The couple on the pitch opposite me have been putting their awning up for over 2 hours and still not finished. I think there are a lot of new campers out this weekend judging by the amount of head scratching bewilderment going on around the site.

Sorry about the quality of the picture, the windscreen is steamed up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Well we all have to learn, first time we attempted to put the awning on our first caravan , if it wasn't for a frienly camper we would still be there! and that was 20 years ago:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
You do, they are right opposite too so cannot help but watch the [STRIKE]entertainment[/STRIKE] the awning drama. It's still not up, I would have given up by now and packed it away.

Think I will get a G&T and some peanuts, this could go on for sometime! :ROFLMAO:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We've been there and done that. First time we took grandchildren away with us. Set them up with their picnic when we arrived and they sat watching us struggle. They were only little so too young to help. They just watched in amazement like they were watching a carry on film. You could see they were dying to laugh but were trying to be polite. Bless them . Only when we started laughing at ourselves they joined in. Still giggle about it now.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well we all have to learn, first time we attempted to put the awning on our first caravan , if it wasn't for a frienly camper we would still be there! and that was 20 years ago:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I do feel a bit guilty as I know if Colin was here he would have been over there by now helping/adding to the confusion, but it's cold and wet and.......... well it's nice and warm in here.::bigsmile:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I do feel a bit guilty as I know if Colin was here he would have been over there by now helping/adding to the confusion, but it's cold and wet and.......... well it's nice and warm in here.::bigsmile:

Fair enough, then

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... you should be ashamed of yourselves! You could have helped them (we certainly would ... and have several times, tenters, caravanners etc) and then ... as they'd be so grateful, got them to join MHF!!!!! :thumb:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
... you should be ashamed of yourselves! You could have helped them (we certainly would ... and have several times, tenters, caravanners etc) and then ... as they'd be so grateful, got them to join MHF!!!!! :thumb:
And spoill our sharing of the fun ? :roflmto:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Wait until their just about finished then say something that will put doubt in their mind, along the lines are you sure its not inside out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Then sit back with your G&T :ROFLMAO:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
WE watched a couple putting up a camping trailer for 3 hours in Norfolk. They had obviously never done it before as they kept referring to the instruction book. When they had finished it was lopsided and looked very unsafe... glad I didn't have to do it, it looked very complicated!!

Attachments

• P1000205.jpg
    P1000205.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 34

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Nothing like turning up with a Khyam motordome, catching hold of the centre 'block', a quick flick of the wrist and the drive away awning is up.
:thumb:

Oooo, I just love turning up when tuggers have been at it for the last hour or so and we are, within 5 minuets, sipping beer on our chairs watching the nightmare continuing........
:roflmto:

Trikeman. :winky:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

I could not offer much help at all, I have no idea how to put up and caravan awning and need a step to put up our silver screens. Besides there is a whole campsite full of capable caravanning men here but non of them, that I have noticed, offered help.

When we were putting our new awning up for the first time last year, at the Easter Meet, Jim (our leader) came along, took a photograph and wondered away again!! The surrounding Funsters enjoyed a little entertainment for a while and we learnt how to put our awning up!

It's up now, sort of. No pegs or guy ropes though!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I don't have a hang up about laughing at others.

No one has a hang up about laughing at me:Sad:

I love watching my brother and his wife putting up their caravan awning.

Aggression and pure hatred just bubble under the surface.

Especially when I wander over with a beer in my hand:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Some years ago We drove down to Italy, we were meeting another two couples who had our pitch next to them. We got a bit lost over the Alps so didn't arrive until after dark. When we arrived they had been having a few drinks with a Dutch couple and were all as drunk as skunks. We were camping and had a bran new tent to erect. For some reason I let the six of them put our tent up while we attempted to get as drunk as they were.:roflmto:
I have some pictures somewhere taken the next day:cry:Glad we didn't have to get out of it in a hurry.::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I usually say to people putting up awnings if you are not shouting and swearing at one another your not doing it right:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back