AWNING PROBLEM (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
One end off our awning doesn't wind in flush to the housing.
It sticks out proud about 2mm and never did it before.
Is there an adjustment ??
Mitch.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Don't know about adjustment but if you extend it fully and then gat a couple of people to put some tension on it as you wind it in you MAY find that it goes in evenly.

HTH

Dave

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I had the same problem last week when we were in Wales with the grandchildren. Over two hours pushing and pulling,looking for suggestions on
internet.Luckily some kind soul pointed that one of the kids had thrown a soft/cloth frisbee onto the top and not told anybody.! :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There is method of adjustment but I never tried it and so long since a read about it its lost in the fog of my memory.
Seem to remember it was quite technical thought.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It's usually caused by an uneven wind-in (fabric stretch usually) and sometimes corrects itself. If it doesn't it's easy to give the offending end a thump with the heel of your hand. That always fixes it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Check to see if you have stowed the legs with the feet turned the correct way round. We had problems with ours not winding back in properly once and that was what caused it (Omnistor awning). We were flummoxed until somebody came to help us :)

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
As Doctor Dave says put some tension by holding and walking it in as someone winds it in.. Mine wouldn't close and tried a few times then found I had wound in an acorn.. the shell put a hole in the fabric. So now I wipe the whole front edge just before it goes on.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
There is an easy fix..

Wind awning right out full.. get a pair of step ladders.. go to the end that is not winding in fully..

Take a piece of Gaffer tape..about a foot long .. stick it to the top of the blind, lengthways along the side edge .. this has the effect of slightly increasing the diameter of the roller.. and will pull that end in further... try it.. you may need two or more pieces of tape..

trust me it works..

Fiamma sell tape for this job...

Lead bar not closing on the side opposite the winch
. - In case the previous attempts do not solve the problem stick adhesive tape (available upon request Item No. 04191A01-) to the roller tube. In order to determine the correct number of layers of tape to use, close the awning and measure how far the awning is staying open. Use one piece of tape for every 6mm of open space. We recommend a maximum of 5 pieces of tape. Unroll the canopy completely, exposing the roller tube. Place the tape on the side that is not closing properly. Sticky side up, start by attaching tape to the exposed roller tube and roll up the awning canopy until the tape is completely attached around to the roller tube.

http://www.fiamma.com/download/reparation/lead_bar_not_closing.pdf

Fiamma offer this other solution.. other end

http://www.fiamma.com/download/reparation/F45_lead_bar_does_not_close.pdf

Repairing a Fiamma awning

http://www.fiamma.com/EN/download/awning_repairing/

Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Same for us as motorhomeparking, legs not turned correctly, you have to "tuck" the swivel feet so the legs lie flat in the recess.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, Dave(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back