Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Powys
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Several Years
Hi I have a bessacarr E 560 the awning light which is a led strip with about 15 LEDs, the middle 3 have started flashing, any clues.
do I need to replace the complete lamp or just the LEDs if so is it an easy job or one for the proffessionals.:Sad:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sadly when leds start flickering and flashing, they are done for

unless you are able to open the light and solder in a replacement then reseal it, its a full light replacement

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Ours is doing the same thing and it appears to be a common Swift problem. It's on the list for warranty issues when the bus goes in for the annual hab/cab service next month. In the meantime, I've stuck some black insulating tape over the flashing bulbs as it is like sitting in a disco with those things going!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

bobh

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Powys
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Several Years
I did speek to my supplying dealer and he said as it is a bulb it probably wouldn't be covered by the warranty !!!:cry:

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
I did speek to my supplying dealer and he said as it is a bulb it probably wouldn't be covered by the warranty !!!:cry:

I had a quick look on the Swift forum and there are a number of people, both motorhomers and shed-draggers, with the same issue. Again, a number of people had it repaired under warranty (one quote: "We had a failure of 2 or 3 bulbs in the strip on our 2010 Bolero 680FB - it was fixed under warranty during a 'fix session' involving a couple of other things").

I would have thought that an LED strip should last more than a year or so. Likewise, one thread had a Swift rep stating that one had to be careful removing these units as they are bonded to the van side.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yep our was flashing just 2 weeks after we bought the van from new, we had a new one sent to us and we replaced it when we were on a campsite somewhere as we were not anywhere near after the dealers had ordered one for us under warranty, they wanted the old one back, no trouble since, wasnt bonded just screwed into place.
I agree they should last for yeasr not weeks or months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back