Awning for Volkswagen conversion T4 Longbase (1 Viewer)

cerdiccamper

Free Member
Apr 10, 2013
suffolk
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Am very new to this but would like to buy an easy to put up awning for camper. It does have a metal rim around the side to fit an awning too but I don't understand the difference between teh figure 8 fixing and the pole and clamp fixing - which one is more appropriate?

Also don't want to spend more than £200 - doesnt have to be very big but must be easy to put up as its only me and my elderly husband!

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
hi and welcome. the differences between the two fittings are, the figure of 8 needs to be slid into a permantly fixed matching length of channel [ie,as fitted on caravans] .the pole and clamp one fits into the rain guttering along the roof of the van[pole drops in gutter and clamp holds it in place]. both can be awkward to fit at times and depending on the type of roof conversion you have [ie high top ] sometimes there is no room left in the gutter for the pole to fit! it sounds like [because of your husbands health] the better option for you would be a fixed wind out awning with clip on side panels.but i think you would struggle to get this within your present budget! when i was using my vw i used to have a driveaway type awning [£140new] with pole and clamp and it was fine but i must say that sometimes the very thought of setting it all up [and the row that would no doubt follow from my other half who likes to do things her way!!!!] led me to forget to take it with us on occasion [nudge nudge wink wink !!] hope this helps . regards garry:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Am very new to this but would like to buy an easy to put up awning for camper. It does have a metal rim around the side to fit an awning too but I don't understand the difference between teh figure 8 fixing and the pole and clamp fixing - which one is more appropriate?
Also don't want to spend more than £200 - doesnt have to be very big but must be easy to put up as its only me and my elderly husband!

Hi

If you give Darren or Matt a call on 01-580-883062 they wil be able to advise you as to the best type to suit your van and budget.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
vw awning

Hello, I used to have t2 vw and I found that the best awning to suit was a bluebird awning from a company in blackburn it was that good somebody pinched it :Angry: seriously It was a hoot to put up 10 mins at the most and it surely fits your budget

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back