Awning for Volkswagen conversion T4 Longbase

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by cerdiccamper, Apr 11, 2013.

1. cerdiccamper

cerdiccamper Read Only Funster

Am very new to this but would like to buy an easy to put up awning for camper. It does have a metal rim around the side to fit an awning too but I don't understand the difference between teh figure 8 fixing and the pole and clamp fixing - which one is more appropriate?

Also don't want to spend more than £200 - doesnt have to be very big but must be easy to put up as its only me and my elderly husband!

2. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

hi and welcome. the differences between the two fittings are, the figure of 8 needs to be slid into a permantly fixed matching length of channel [ie,as fitted on caravans] .the pole and clamp one fits into the rain guttering along the roof of the van[pole drops in gutter and clamp holds it in place]. both can be awkward to fit at times and depending on the type of roof conversion you have [ie high top ] sometimes there is no room left in the gutter for the pole to fit! it sounds like [because of your husbands health] the better option for you would be a fixed wind out awning with clip on side panels.but i think you would struggle to get this within your present budget! when i was using my vw i used to have a driveaway type awning [£140new] with pole and clamp and it was fine but i must say that sometimes the very thought of setting it all up [and the row that would no doubt follow from my other half who likes to do things her way!!!!] led me to forget to take it with us on occasion [nudge nudge wink wink !!] hope this helps . regards garry:thumb:

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi

If you give Darren or Matt a call on 01-580-883062 they wil be able to advise you as to the best type to suit your van and budget.

Peter

4. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

vw awning

Hello, I used to have t2 vw and I found that the best awning to suit was a bluebird awning from a company in blackburn it was that good somebody pinched it :Angry: seriously It was a hoot to put up 10 mins at the most and it surely fits your budget