awning 'C' rail length

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Fishman, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Fishman

Fishman Funster

:Sad: Help I' want to fit an awning 'C' rail to my van but can only find it supplied in packs of 3 x 1.2 metre lengths my awning is a Kampa 390L which leaves a shortfall of 30cm does anyone know if it can be bought in different lengths
    or singletons of the above Many thanks in anticipation Fishman

2. Phill D

Phill D

hi, thinkin of doin the same only i have the Kampa 260 so less of an issue but would prefer a single lenght.:thumb:

also as a thought the 390 is actually longer than 390 as it has end pieces which sit in the rail by about an extra 200mm either side ( the 260 is the same ):Eeek:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I bought a 4mt length from a local caravan dealer/repairer .. so it can be found, but maybe not on-line due to shipping restrictions..

4. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Firstly have you measured the length of the beading on the awning it is about 4.2 mtr long, because of a strengthening web, so you need a channel of that length.

I had the same problem finding rail and did eventually find it in 3 mtr lengths so I only have 1 join. I hope that you have the aluminium rail and not the plastic one as I found that the beading of the 390l would not slide in the pastic as the hole is smaller than that in the aluminium version.

To make sure that the awning did not snag on the join I filed a corners off of the join. Also as I had 2 x 3mtr lengths I put a longer rail on than was actually necessary so that I have flexibility in the positioning of the awning.

Lunarman

• Like Like x 1
  5. lou020

lou020 Funster

i bought 2 x 3 meter alloy lengths last weekend from my local caravan dealer,it was in the accessory shop just over £8 per length.:thumb:

6. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

That was a good price:thumb:

As other say, check out the caravan places, we have a Chichester Caravans near us and they had 3m ish lenghts, bit more than £8 though, £20ish if memory serves:Doh:

7. Fishman

Fishman Funster

Fishman says thanks

A big thankyou funster you never fail. Will get mobile and track the rail down
    (pardon the pun):BigGrin:

8. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

3 metre lengths just get bent when sent via couriers, so just look in your local accessory shop.

Peter