Free Member
Apr 16, 2010
Stockport,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyanne 630LB
Exp
since April 2009
:Sad: Help I' want to fit an awning 'C' rail to my van but can only find it supplied in packs of 3 x 1.2 metre lengths my awning is a Kampa 390L which leaves a shortfall of 30cm does anyone know if it can be bought in different lengths
or singletons of the above Many thanks in anticipation Fishman

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi, thinkin of doin the same only i have the Kampa 260 so less of an issue but would prefer a single lenght.:thumb:

also as a thought the 390 is actually longer than 390 as it has end pieces which sit in the rail by about an extra 200mm either side ( the 260 is the same ):Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I bought a 4mt length from a local caravan dealer/repairer .. so it can be found, but maybe not on-line due to shipping restrictions..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
:Sad: Help I' want to fit an awning 'C' rail to my van but can only find it supplied in packs of 3 x 1.2 metre lengths my awning is a Kampa 390L which leaves a shortfall of 30cm does anyone know if it can be bought in different lengths
or singletons of the above Many thanks in anticipation Fishman

Firstly have you measured the length of the beading on the awning it is about 4.2 mtr long, because of a strengthening web, so you need a channel of that length.

I had the same problem finding rail and did eventually find it in 3 mtr lengths so I only have 1 join. I hope that you have the aluminium rail and not the plastic one as I found that the beading of the 390l would not slide in the pastic as the hole is smaller than that in the aluminium version.

To make sure that the awning did not snag on the join I filed a corners off of the join. Also as I had 2 x 3mtr lengths I put a longer rail on than was actually necessary so that I have flexibility in the positioning of the awning.

Lunarman

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
i bought 2 x 3 meter alloy lengths last weekend from my local caravan dealer,it was in the accessory shop just over £8 per length.:thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
i bought 2 x 3 meter alloy lengths last weekend from my local caravan dealer,it was in the accessory shop just over £8 per length.:thumb:

That was a good price:thumb:

As other say, check out the caravan places, we have a Chichester Caravans near us and they had 3m ish lenghts, bit more than £8 though, £20ish if memory serves:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Fishman

Fishman

Free Member
Apr 16, 2010
Stockport,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyanne 630LB
Exp