Aug 8, 2012
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hello,

I've just purchased a motor home that has an AvTex W102D TV/DVD player. The previous owner, however, doesn't appear to have included the 12v power lead (only the mains supply) :Sad:.

Does anyone know if the unit requires a regulated 12v supply or can be fed directly from the vans 12v power supply? i.e. does the stock 12v cable have any electronics in it :thumb:

Thanks

Iain

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
For what a new lead would cost It may be easier to buy a new one, Avtex may be worth an email to see if they have one cheaper than here. http://www.capitalstores.co.uk/avtex-12v-dc-lead-for-w102d
Unless there is some electronics in the plug end the rest seems standard, not looked inside myself but mines a different model.
I'd ask the seller first if they can find it, you never know!

Last edited:

armo 56

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
durham
Funster No
MH
elddis aspire
Exp
avtex tv

yes it has special plug for back of tv if your stuck i can get you one tony56
Hello,

I've just purchased a motor home that has an AvTex W102D TV/DVD player. The previous owner, however, doesn't appear to have included the 12v power lead (only the mains supply) :Sad:.

Does anyone know if the unit requires a regulated 12v supply or can be fed directly from the vans 12v power supply? i.e. does the stock 12v cable have any electronics in it :thumb:

Thanks

Iain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)