Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Hi we have bought a avtex tv and was wondering whether we can connect a pace mini sky box ?
has anyone connected these to together? I have a scart on the sky box but not on the TV ?
If I use just the tv on my satellite what channels would I be able to get ?
Thanks chris

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
With only a scart on the pace box and not on the TV, you could use a modulator, or simply connect them together with the RF cable and tune the TV, assuming it has an analogue tuner, into whatever channel the Pace is using.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
You will need a scart to hdmi adapter then you should get all the Freesat channels, assuming of course that you have a Satellite dish, aimed at Astra28e

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
We use a pace minibox with a new model avtex 21inch and connect via the AV sockets using a Scart to AV adapter from Argos at £9.99 and it works fine .
using the subscription card from home we get all the channels with the exception of movies .
Currently near Annot in the French Alps and pulling BBC and ITV 1,2,3 and the all important ITV4 for the Tour de France coverage

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Assuming TV has AV sockets a lead like this should do you.

There are similar, of course.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Looks like you're lucky, this one has AV phono on the right hand side. Pop to your local pound shop, they usually stock scart to phono cables.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Although we have a seperate digi box in our van we take our sky box from home, connect it with the hdmi lead to our Avtex TV and using our sky card get all the channels we get at home and any that we have pre-recorded.
You can get a sky HD box for about £35 but you will only be able to get basic programmes. If you want to get all the channels you get at home then you will have to use the sky box that is 'married' to your card.
I am assuming of course that you have a satellite fitted to the van and not just an ordinary aerial :)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Although we have a seperate digi box in our van we take our sky box from home, connect it with the hdmi lead to our Avtex TV and using our sky card get all the channels we get at home and any that we have pre-recorded.
You can get a sky HD box for about £35 but you will only be able to get basic programmes. If you want to get all the channels you get at home then you will have to use the sky box that is 'married' to your card.
I am assuming of course that you have a satellite fitted to the van and not just an ordinary aerial :)

You are partly correct about having the card paired to the box however we subsribe to Sky for the full package and using the card from home in our old 12volt Pace sky box we get all the channels we get at home including SKY 1,2, and all other subscription channels with the exception of movies and sport which are the only channels which need a paired viewing card

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
It may depend on what you want(need) to watch? If you only use the Sky Freesat service, the L216DRS appears to have a Free To Air satellite receiver, which may cover enough of the core channels without the need for another receiver? Conversely, if you need full blown Sky subscription channels this will not suffice.

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
I have bought a scart to av lead and have connected it all up , the problem I have now is how to tune it in ????????? When I put the tv on av it does not alow me to tune it in ?? Can anyone help with the tuning ? Thanks

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
AV doesn't normally need tuning in. Just put TV on AV as you have done. Next use the Sky remote to switch on the Pace box. You may need to wait a few seconds.
Watch for the red light on the front of the Pace box change from red to green.
Next press the Services button on your Sky remote. You should now see a menu on Your TV screen. This procedure just proves your AV setting and connection is correct.

NB. To do this check your Pace box does not need to be connected to the satellite dish, as it's just a check your lead and TV is set to the correct AV setting.

If you see nothing but a blue screen on your TV try another AV setting. TVs usually have more than one.

Hope this helps

(Another) Chris

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Thanks for your reply . I have just tried this and it still not working ?

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
Will have another think..
I'm sure someone will be along with a further suggestion soon.

Good Luck

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
I will try and get hold of another cable and try that , I might have a dodgy cable

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Chris. Looks like we need to meet up earlier than planned!! Fancy a drive in your van down to Wells on Sunday, we are in Dawlish Warren until Sat but if you need help will be at home, or can meet up somewhere on Sunday. I'm normally pretty ok with TV's, satalite tuners etc. :wasntme:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
I don't know that particular TV, but usually you need to set the input. Often there is a button on the tv's remote, often in one of the top corners and you need to set it to one of the component inputs, assuming it has more than one. Just cycle through all the inputs till you get a picture. I doubt it is the cable, unless you are very unlucky.

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Foghorn it's a new avtex andit all works OK until I try to get the pace sky box working ?
I set the source to av and turn on the sky box but nothing ?
it just tell me there is no signal.

Pete won't be able to to you this weekend as we have andrea uncle and aunty over from Germany as it was andrea dad cremation yesterday.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Foghorn it's a new avtex andit all works OK until I try to get the pace sky box working ?
I set the source to av and turn on the sky box but nothing ?
it just tell me there is no signal.

Pete won't be able to to you this weekend as we have andrea uncle and aunty over from Germany as it was andrea dad cremation yesterday.

Check the actual scart plug on the Scart to AV lead as it may have a 2 way switch on it which may be in the wrong position.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
My scart to av lead has a switch to say which way the signal is going I presume. Maybe in wrong place or maybe you have an av output to scart input instead of a scart output to av input if that makes sense

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
What scart to component cable have you. They only work one way around. You need scart to phono. If you have phono to scart it won't work. There is a cable that will do both, but it would have a little switch at the scart end, like this ...... Broken Link Removed

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Look on fleebay this is what you need they are great.
1080P SCART to HDMI Upscaler Converter HDTV Wii XBox PS3 Sky STB VHS DVD Blu-ray
Scart/HDMI to HDMI, UK Plug Adapter Included!!!

Royal Mail First Class Shipping, Delivery in 1 to 2 working days!!

scart01.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back