Avtex Tv-pace Sky Box

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by xjrchris, Jul 22, 2015.

1. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

Hi we have bought a avtex tv and was wondering whether we can connect a pace mini sky box ?
    has anyone connected these to together? I have a scart on the sky box but not on the TV ?
    If I use just the tv on my satellite what channels would I be able to get ?
    Thanks chris

2. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

With only a scart on the pace box and not on the TV, you could use a modulator, or simply connect them together with the RF cable and tune the TV, assuming it has an analogue tuner, into whatever channel the Pace is using.

3. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

You will need a scart to hdmi adapter then you should get all the Freesat channels, assuming of course that you have a Satellite dish, aimed at Astra28e

:cooler:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Foghorn Leghorn

Foghorn Leghorn Funster

We use a pace minibox with a new model avtex 21inch and connect via the AV sockets using a Scart to AV adapter from Argos at £9.99 and it works fine .
    using the subscription card from home we get all the channels with the exception of movies .
    Currently near Annot in the French Alps and pulling BBC and ITV 1,2,3 and the all important ITV4 for the Tour de France coverage

5. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

6. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

What model is your TV, a lot of AVtex don't have AV inputs.

7. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

It's a l 216drs

8. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

9. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Although we have a seperate digi box in our van we take our sky box from home, connect it with the hdmi lead to our Avtex TV and using our sky card get all the channels we get at home and any that we have pre-recorded.
    You can get a sky HD box for about £35 but you will only be able to get basic programmes. If you want to get all the channels you get at home then you will have to use the sky box that is 'married' to your card.
    I am assuming of course that you have a satellite fitted to the van and not just an ordinary aerial :)

10. Foghorn Leghorn

Foghorn Leghorn Funster

You are partly correct about having the card paired to the box however we subsribe to Sky for the full package and using the card from home in our old 12volt Pace sky box we get all the channels we get at home including SKY 1,2, and all other subscription channels with the exception of movies and sport which are the only channels which need a paired viewing card

11. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

It may depend on what you want(need) to watch? If you only use the Sky Freesat service, the L216DRS appears to have a Free To Air satellite receiver, which may cover enough of the core channels without the need for another receiver? Conversely, if you need full blown Sky subscription channels this will not suffice.

12. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

I have bought a scart to av lead and have connected it all up , the problem I have now is how to tune it in ????????? When I put the tv on av it does not alow me to tune it in ?? Can anyone help with the tuning ? Thanks

13. Margaritaman

Margaritaman Funster

AV doesn't normally need tuning in. Just put TV on AV as you have done. Next use the Sky remote to switch on the Pace box. You may need to wait a few seconds.
    Watch for the red light on the front of the Pace box change from red to green.
    Next press the Services button on your Sky remote. You should now see a menu on Your TV screen. This procedure just proves your AV setting and connection is correct.

NB. To do this check your Pace box does not need to be connected to the satellite dish, as it's just a check your lead and TV is set to the correct AV setting.

If you see nothing but a blue screen on your TV try another AV setting. TVs usually have more than one.

Hope this helps

(Another) Chris

• Like Like x 2
  14. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

Thanks for your reply . I have just tried this and it still not working ?

15. Margaritaman

Margaritaman Funster

Will have another think..
    I'm sure someone will be along with a further suggestion soon.

Good Luck

16. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

I will try and get hold of another cable and try that , I might have a dodgy cable

17. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Chris. Looks like we need to meet up earlier than planned!! Fancy a drive in your van down to Wells on Sunday, we are in Dawlish Warren until Sat but if you need help will be at home, or can meet up somewhere on Sunday. I'm normally pretty ok with TV's, satalite tuners etc. :wasntme:

18. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

I don't know that particular TV, but usually you need to set the input. Often there is a button on the tv's remote, often in one of the top corners and you need to set it to one of the component inputs, assuming it has more than one. Just cycle through all the inputs till you get a picture. I doubt it is the cable, unless you are very unlucky.

19. Foghorn Leghorn

Foghorn Leghorn Funster

If your using a new Avtex as I do you need to press source and select AV function then your SKY box should work

20. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

Foghorn it's a new avtex andit all works OK until I try to get the pace sky box working ?
    I set the source to av and turn on the sky box but nothing ?
    it just tell me there is no signal.

Pete won't be able to to you this weekend as we have andrea uncle and aunty over from Germany as it was andrea dad cremation yesterday.