Free Member
Dec 26, 2015
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
40+
I had my Snipe fitted at the Newbury Motorhome Show 2014. It has worked OK until Christmas Eve. When I turned it on after arriving on a CL, All the lights started flashing and the dish went intermittently up and down, but at no time did it go to park. At no time did I get it to do anything other than as above. Any ideas how to fix it or how long the warranty is as the paperwork doesn't say.

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
I had a problem on the main board. A motor-home workshop tried taking it apart and re-aligning the servo shafts, but I think they ended up making the matter worse with damage to the shaft bearings. The panel just flopped around after that.
The whole unit ended up having to go back to Avtex Ltd. Unit G5 Capital Business Park, Parkway, Cardiff. CF3 2PX. 08448806161 www.avtex.co.uk
They charged £150 +vat for a new board, but they did give it a good overhaul. If you send back the controller with it, make sure it is recorded- they forgot to send my back.

You will be out of warranty now but you can always argue .

Is there anybody else around with a Snipe. It may help if you can determine if the fault is in the main unit or the controller end.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I found the original problem was that the screws that hold the arm part to the motor were all loose. Check to see if there is any play in the arm.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had a problem with mine parking, not quite the same, it would go down, but motor kept running sounding like the belt or gears were jumping. The fault was the back of the dish was not contacting the switch on the base which turns the motor off. Avtex changed mine, it would have been an easy diy fix.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back