Feb 5, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2006
Hi all
I am thinking of having Snipe installed comments from users most welcome.
Also does anyone know if it has to be installed in the centre of the van roof or can it be to one side?

Thanks Chris

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Have had one for a while now, terrific piece of kit. Answer the second question first, about where to install on the roof . The answer would be where ever it's convenient to run the two cables through the roof , bear in mind where the TV receiver is . and how the cables would run inside the van.
I do not have mine installed on the roof as I always seem to find a big tree in the way on pitches, so I prefer to have it portable and then I can move it around to get a good view of South. I have a little table to put it on and sometimes I use the case just to keep it off the ground. The only problem is the security of someone nicking it , but so far so good and if I thought there was a possibility of it walking I'd bring it in.
Trust this helps:Smile:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Roof mounted ours (not in the middle) partly for security, partly because I don't want to have to get it in late at night or put it out early so Jay can watch the news with her morning cuppa.
Made our own mounting plate from 5mm alloy plate. Cables came in alongside the solar cables.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back