Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have just upgraded my TV for an all in one avtex TV. Everything working fine apart from the Sat setup. I aligned the dish and checked I was receiving Astra 2d on my old set, Excellent signal 99% and Quality 72% and programs as expected. I then plugged the ant cable into the Avtex and had zero signal for Astra at 28.2E. I did a program search and found progs but none work, searching through the other sats I found I was aligned on Astra 1, scanned and found 300+ channels all working but not the same as I was expecting on Astra 2D. So what is going on, I thought it might just be low gain but Hotbird no problem at all.
I am guessing I need to enter new sat details for the current sat? but fail to see why the old Fortec sat decoder still has the programs I expect even since the messing about with the sats.
Can anyone offer a solution please.

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
Hi Wildman Like you having problems, had a snipe sat dish fitted on new motorhome and brought new Avtex tv with sat connection can get hotbird and all the others but cannot get Astra 2 downloaded the upgrade for the Snipe dish to my computer but cannot get the USB to speak to the snipe control box to load the update . Anyone had this trouble and know how to fix

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
I have just upgraded my TV for an all in one avtex TV. Everything working fine apart from the Sat setup. I aligned the dish and checked I was receiving Astra 2d on my old set, Excellent signal 99% and Quality 72% and programs as expected. I then plugged the ant cable into the Avtex and had zero signal for Astra at 28.2E. I did a program search and found progs but none work, searching through the other sats I found I was aligned on Astra 1, scanned and found 300+ channels all working but not the same as I was expecting on Astra 2D. So what is going on, I thought it might just be low gain but Hotbird no problem at all.
I am guessing I need to enter new sat details for the current sat? but fail to see why the old Fortec sat decoder still has the programs I expect even since the messing about with the sats.
Can anyone offer a solution please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Can you test the Avtex TV Satellite receiver with a static Sky dish to see what happens?

My Avtex L185DRS (2 years plus old) and Snipe (acquired in April this year) worked a couple of weeks ago when last used with Astra 2. I've not tried to update the Snipe satellite settings, no idea if up to date or not.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Not sure if this is much help when we got our new Avtex I could not get a picture from sat , I was using the rv out from sky box to the T.V. but the new avtex T.V. does not have a analog receiver so I used a hdmi cable and it worked .

Playing movies I found this on another forum it maybe help others .

Fot two years I have owned an Avtex tv in my MH. It only ever played MPEG2 movies. Today after discovering some info on a caravan forum, I have now made it play an .AVI file and I believe others!

All you do is whilst in Source mode, type in on the remote '2580' and up pops a new menu. Scroll down till you come to either DIVX or USB (model dependant) and make sure it is toggled to ON. Then press Source again and hey presto, the TV will now play previously unplayable formats.

So if like me you have been painstakingly converting files so you can watch them on your USB stick....relax...now you can.

Paul

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Roger I put mine onto the dish at home,turned on tv then selected Sat(source) after it had powered on,I then selected the Sat-set button on the remote making sure that Astra2 is selected in the top bar on the TV,then selected Scan HTH'S

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well 48 hours later and the programs appeared however the signal strength appears to be non existent which will make alignment a bit hit and miss when away. Other sats showing good signal so who knows what is going on. Sorted for now at least thanks for all of your help everyone.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
now trying to sort the AVI file format, plays .Mpeg and .mpg4 my set is a 217 DRS I tried 2580 in the source menu but nowt happened maybe it is model dependant?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
I aligned the dish and checked I was receiving Astra 2d on my old set, Excellent signal 99% and Quality 72%
On a side note Astra 2D has not been in operation for UK TV since Feb 2012. No active transponder or channels at all since then.
And since June 2015 Astra 2D has been on its way to another location (5e IIRC).
The current active UK TV satellites at 28 east are 2E, 2F and 2G.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
2E, F and G are not selectable from the Avtex 28.2 E

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Interesting, I found a signal to Astra 1 and 2 and scanned both, ALL channels found are available in epg at the same time without switching sats. Which is great as horse and country is on astra 1

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have spoken to Avtex who would not divulge any code that would unlock AVI recordings on my set which is L217DRS, they just wittered on about resolution and the codec used to record them, basically they said the TV will play all supported formats without user intervention. When I mentioned the various codes, they just said not supported/no comment. Useless and no help at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back