Avtex l187drs (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi everyone ,I am having a small problem with one of my avtex tv ,every time I switch the the TV off (just the TV not the power ) it loses all the channels except the radio stations which is becoming a bit annoying as I then have to retune the TV every time . Am I doing something wrong as the the other avtex TV in the mh does not lose it memory. I know this problem is not life threatening but if it's easily fixed it would be better . Thanks

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I don't know personally but it sounds faulty to me.
Of course Avtex have a collect and return repair service included in their warranty. I would contact them

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Just contacted Avtex regarding my faulty TV they are collecting it tomorrow and hope to have it back on Friday ,what cracking service(y)

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
My experience with Avtex is that they're brilliant with the collecting and returning bit, but not that good with the repairing bit.

Mine went back in forth 3 times before they admitted defeat, and told me that they would replace it with a later model that was due in in a matter of days. After a month with 2 broken "firm" dates, I requested return of my money.

I purchased a cheapie for about a quarter of the cost, probably without as many functions, but it did the job perfectly.

No doubt others have had sterling service, but this is just my experience

Andrew

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
That's disappointing to hear Andrew,I will post how I get on hopefully will have a better experience than yourself .(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I use a Finlux but the travel version is hard to find just now and only a third of the price or less
I only want freesat and avtex don't use it so I won't buy one
I find the EPG important and free to air sat receiver epg is pants IMHO

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning šŸ˜Š
Hi Howard, I recently had this problem with my Avtex TV in my Tracker. I was at Brownhills at the time and a couple of their guys were really helpful. I went in to the settings and found the 'reset' in there (sorry I cant be more detailed but I cant exactly remember how I found it). I pressed the reset turned off the TV then back on again and went through the set up procedure and my TV was okay after that. I hope this helps and you manage to sort yours out.
Regards
Blossom

ps forgot to mention I did contact Avtex who were very helpful and would have collected the TV one day and returned it to me on the third day. However I did not need to do that in the end.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks Blossom,but Avtex collected it on Friday and returned it about an hour ago I don't know what they have done but it works ok now but if it does it again I will try your way . Thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back