Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We are thinking of going to Germany to visit a few christmas markets this year,but our old Autotrail has underslung fresh & grey water tanks [not insulated].

Am I right in thinking that as long as I've drained down the entire water system including the Carver water heater we should be ok in near freezing temps ?

I've bought a couple of 25 litre food grade water containers with the idea of these being our onboard supply.

Our Thetford has an onboard flush tank so I assume that should be ok.

Anyone installed a fresh water tank inside the van under the seating? I appreciate this compromises storage & would probably be expensive.

We plan to leave the grey tank open with a bucket underneath so water runs straight out before freezing.

What do you think :Smile:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I am interested in any replies to this as that is what I am thinking of doing in my next van, which i get in 10 days, I cannot see a problem, then again I am still a newbie really.so what do I know, ::bigsmile: haven`t "camped in really cold weather "

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
It's easy enough to fit an inboard tank, I have mine plumbed so I can either use an aquaroll outside, or a 70 litre tank which is under our bed inside, and I can fill the internal tank from the aquaroll, all by using a system of taps in the plumbing and the inboard pump, but it needn't cost a fortune to fit an internal tank, 70 l fiamma tank around £60, through the wall filler cap around a tenner, and a couple of inline taps in the plumbing to select either external or internal tank, should be a doddle, if the fiamma tanks are to big try CAK tanks all sorts of sizes available from stock or they will make to order. you should be able to use the boiler as long as you keep it switched on as you say keep tap on grey tank open and use a bucket etc, this has worked ok for us over the last 7-8 years. if you want to splash out you can also get heat pads or elements and insulation for underslung tanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back