Funster No
Hi everybody,

The biggest holdup is getting lost in Rouon Its usually OK otherwise

Ask anyone

georgio

T

TomTee

Deleted User
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but the Michelin route finder is superb if you want to avoid tolls, or calculate the cost.

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/

Sometimes it may pay to use a short length of toll road and, if you input the place you'll be joining the toll road and the exit that you intend using, it will tell you how much it will cost to avoid Rouen for instance and you can then make an informed decision.

There are times when I'll use tolls all the way. If I've only got three weeks and want to visit Italy for example I don't want to spend half of my holiday crawling through parts of France and Switzerland that I've already seen a dozen times. On the other hand, if I'm in no hurry I'll enjoy the minor roads and avoid tolls.

There are people on this site who are obviously retired and fail to realise that not everyone has the luxury of deliberately driving slowly and taking all the time in the world!

whisturx

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Devizes,Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just watch the Millau Viaduct. Paid 9.60 euros Group 2 going down and coming back I was asked for my log book as she spotted my tandem axle. As it shows 5 ton I had to pay 29.50 euros Group 4 !!! We created ,she threatened to call the police so ended up paying artic rate and she gave us a complaint form.

Now in the Dordogne in the mud watching the river rise. A British Range Rover is spending the day pulling out motorhomes !! May wait till it dries out before I have a go !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
did you get the address to send the €20 you underpaid going south ?

I got caught going into new york city with 2 axles ; at the time it was $8 for 2 axles ...I
got charged $16 for 3 ...... twin rears count as a third axle !

now I know what the harry vos artics pay !

btw , no good saying you don't have your log book , offence to drive without it of course

why the argument anyway , she charged you the correct price , where's the problem

for those with 2 axles over 3.5 it's about €21 , but I met an italian with 2 axles , under 3.5 who got charged group 3 ....over 3 metres high ....that's the rule everywhere

Last edited:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
route to adge

i do the route up to orleans.
go on the n20 turn left on the n60 (dual carriagway) then turn off for gien(n952) good campsite and aires there.
pick up the n7 to the a77 dual carriagway.
n9 to clermont ferrand then the a75 south.
some loverly villages along the loire river.
from abberville down past clermont ferrand takes about 8.5 hours.

rouen is easy peasy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back