Average MPG for a Tracker eks se (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Can someone with an AUTOTRAIL TRACKER EKS SE (circa 2008/9) Please tell us what average MPG we can expect if we manage to get one, after selling our Avantgarde 120. We currently get 33mpg with 5 gears and the tracker has 6. Would be grateful if you could let us know, as it is a fairly critical factor.....
Thanks, Jenny and Mitch

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
2.3 or 3-0? on what base?

2.3 if i get 24 mpg ive done well not a great deal better on the 3-0l

im a similar weight and also honest :winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi J & M no knowledge of that particular model but I would think about 24/25 mpg but then again I would say about the same mpg out of your Avantgarde 120 which you are claiming 33 mpg so if you use it the same way you may get the same or very near the MPG -To get the 33 mpg are you using it on m/w to get where you go then parking up and use bikes etc,? Not doubting what you claim,just that most vans with a Luton do around the 24 mpg figure and the low profile vans get around 28/30 mpg-it all depends on how heavy your right foot is ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Haganap AND Terry. I drive ours using the trip computer set to mpg, and over the last 4,000 miles have got 32.7mpg Even allowing for an optimistic computer thats topside of 30. It is a low prof 2 berth and is only 3,000 KG fully running. We did a slow trip round the whole coast of Brittany Sept/ Oct this year, doing about 20/30 miles per day, so not a lot of biking and using aires and nice spots to stay. I did used to teach HGV Artic driving so not a big right footer. If the Autotrail is going to be a big drop in MPG that will make quite a difference on a trip down through France Spain and Portugal and maybe" onward".I may have to think about fitting an extra freshwater tank to the Avantgarde instead. Thanks for the response folks. If anyone has more info keep it coming.. Thanks.
Jenny and Mitch
PS. It will be a 2.3 litre manual 2 berth.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Try disregarding your comp and doing brim to brim refills,that way you will know for sure what mpg :thumb: some comps are very optimistic :winky: I know with ours I was getting average 31mpg but by putting the roof box on this dropped it down to 27 mpg and knocked about 10 mph off top speed-I know these figures can be improved on quite a lot by slowing down but I am happy with what we get ::bigsmile:
terry

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
IF YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE MPG ONE HAS TO ASK ONES SELF SHOULD I BUY A MOTOR HOME ?
WE HAVE AN AMERICAN RV DOES ABOUT 10MPG
WOULD NOT CHANGE IT FOR ANY THING ELSE IT IS A PROPER HOME FROM HOME WITH BELLS ON
AS WE DO NOT HAVE AIR CON AT HOME :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
IF YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE MPG ONE HAS TO ASK ONES SELF SHOULD I BUY A MOTOR HOME ?
WOULD NOT CHANGE IT FOR ANY THING ELSE IT IS A PROPER HOME FROM HOME WITH BELLS ON

Not a nice response...

We all have to decide what we want and look after our budgets accordingly...

Maybe you only take your AMERICAN RV to Redcar so 10 mpg don't matter, or maybe you just got loads of cash to spend on fuel...

They may want to do 10,000 miles a year in their Motorhome, so maybe are looking for an economic vehicle...

So MPG may well be a very important consideration.

Jenny & Mitch.... with the overcab model expect about 25 mpg +/-

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Jenny and Mitch, we average 25-26 mpg driving sensibly, (60mph on motorways), I have had an indicated 28 on the computer on many occasions but have not tried the brim to brim method. Strong headwinds and small country road and hilly roads obviously have an adverse effect on mpg

After 14 months and 8500 miles we reckon on 26 mpg if we get more its a bonus.
Ours is a 2010 Hi-line model on a 2.3.

If I can be of further help just ask, one thing I would say is check it has a spare wheel, around those years AT supplied an inflater and sealing compound.

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for that CALLUMWA, you are spot on about managing the budget and it only makes sense to investigate all aspects of a future purchase, rather than wining about it later. We were invited in to a Tracker eks se for a drink whilst in France and were very impressed with the good use of space and the attention to detail. Our avant-garde is 5.87.mtr long and the Tracker is 6.39, but inside it feels much more. My wife had the "all clear" from cancer in July and we intend doing a "fair old trip", maybe getting to Croatia and southern Greece as she has not travelled much. And who knows,Turkey and back through eastern Europe, but only rough plans at the mo. The mileage question won't put us off the (not yet boughtTracker) but
will just let us get more of a handle on the expected weekly budget of such a trip. Thanks for your help mate, we are first going to concentrate on getting our van sold. Have a good new year. Mitch and Jenny.

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi STEWART J, Many thanks for your reply, 2 nice responses and both Merchant navy, impressed. I was 25 years REME some time back. I see you have the 4 berth Tracker, do you think that makes much of a difference to MPG on this model, we will be getting the 2 berth one. Thanks for the tip on the spare wheel, we looked at a couple (just to tease ourselves) and they did not have one. Crazy. I trust you are happy with yours, you have been motor homing the same length of time as us, we got ours Nov last year and its been fantastic, but we want more on board water and Gas capacity plus a bit more comfort. Thanks again and happy vanning. Mitch and Jenny.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Jenny and Mitch, the 4 berth is only 2 inches higher than the so called Low-line 2 berth. We had the choice of both, dealer and another owner recommended the 4 for several reasons.

The 2 has storage cupboards across the luton, the carcase of these restricts storage of bulky items.

The 4 is apparently more desirable in the used market and easier to sell on (dealer speak) Also the luton is entirely open and brilliant storage for bedding and heavy coats, our sky dish and cab outside thermal blind. All secured with bungies, absolutely masses of storage. We removed the mattress as we've no intention of sleeping in the luton the exposed slats providing anchorage for the bungies.

If your intention is longer tours if it were me I'd go for the 4, your choice.

Regards

Stewart :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Very many thanks for that Stewart, very good points well made, it would certainly be nice just to throw the bedding up on top rather than storing under the beds/ seats. We will see which one becomes available first and go have a look. The silver screens would certainly be better of up there as well. Just got to get past Jan and Feb and Hey ho away we go, might have to chop ours in to a dealer to accelerate the process though.Cant wait to sell ours now and get looking, excited now. Cheers mate.
Mitch and Jenny

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Good thinking,will do, thanks Stewart . I was just looking at the Maroco thread about SNOWBIRD and ROADRUNNERs trip.. sounds fantastic. Makes your feet itch don't it..
Mitch.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we do a little better

We do a little better at around 14 to 15 including using the 4kw genny.. but as said we have all the bells and whistles and come in at around 5.5 tons .. nearer 7.5 tons with the 4 wheel trailer loaded with the Hyundai Matrix.

33 miles per gallon sounds like a BUTTONS claim to me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: he would think that was very poor consumption from some of his past claims!:ROFLMAO:

The heavier the motorhome the more fuel you will use.. simples as they say

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Ours only weighs 3 ton Bob and its low profile. Anyway I have had some good advice and help from Stewart and Callum, but thanks anyway Bob and Happy New year to you and all Funsters. Mitch and Jenny.
PS. Thats some rig you have Bob. Happy Travels.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Jenny and Mitch, as an ex HGV instructor you know all about fuel efficient driving, I cant help with your question directly as I run American RV, but can tell you by driving fuel efficiently I can get my 300hp cummins to 16 MPG towing 2.25 ton, most drivers would get 12 without training, so if you get an average of what other people are getting and add a conservative 6% you should be able to obtain that easily.

As for others telling you to run a yank, it's horses for courses we all run what we want and above all can afford to run, we all buy our motorhomes for one reason to use and enjoy, so enjoy whatever you get.

I have just changed my RV to 400hp cummins lets see how well I do with that :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Rick, I reckon you might just about have enough power now with your 400 gee gees
That is a super bit of kit... I do understand the attraction of the yankee RV, but we don't really
want anything that heavy and large. We like going off the beaten track, tiny lanes etc and we have to park it on our back lawn on reinforced matting off E bay. Also can't justify the outlay.
But good luck to you and happy motoring Rick.... Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back