oggies123

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
bishop auckland
Funster No
MH
peugot boxer
Exp
Hi everyone, we are complete newbies having just purchased a elddis sunseeker 35 03 reg. havent even had an overnight stay yet so thats how new we are. can anyone advise on aux battery probs, the battery is brand new but we cannot run any van facilities off it, everything works great when hooked up to the mains, just not on battery. HELP xxxxx

OP
OP
O

oggies123

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
bishop auckland
Funster No
MH
peugot boxer
Exp
yes, got the books out and followed all the instructions to the letter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb:is the leisure (auxillary :winky:) battery charged up ?It sounds like it has been left to discharge.If that is the case depending on how lucky you are it may accept a charge or be kn-----d :cry:Try either leaving it on hook up for 24 hrs or removing it and charging it at home :thumb:good luck but if it proves duff a new one will be required:Sad:
terry
oooops I see PPJ has already said that

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do you have a copy of the Owners Handbook? If not I have a PDF copy which I could send you by e-mail. If you would like me to do so please send me a PM with your e-mail address.

OP
OP
O

oggies123

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
bishop auckland
Funster No
MH
peugot boxer
Exp
thanks for the welcome, its a brand new battery and shows full when we tested it on the control panel (when we were hooked up to the mains) but doesn't even come on when not on mains power x

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you are certain it is charged-try switching the control panel on :thumb: also check to see if any fuses are blown-
terry
oooops I see PPJ has already said that

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
thanks for the welcome, its a brand new battery and shows full when we tested it on the control panel (when we were hooked up to the mains) but doesn't even come on when not on mains power x
When hooked up to the mains I think you will be getting a reading through the charger, not from the battery. You probably need to put a meter direct onto the battery and, if it is OK, check that it it is properly connected in the van.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Try testing on the control panel with the mains disconnected, ( if testing with mains on you will be measuring the output from the charger) this should tell you if the battery is ok.

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Check the inline fuse near the leisure battery usually 20 or 40 amp rated. In some motorhomes theres a switch near the exit door to isolate the 12volt side.::bigsmile:

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
12v

Check the inline fuse near the leisure battery usually 20 or 40 amp rated. In some motorhomes theres a switch near the exit door to isolate the 12volt side.::bigsmile:

I had this problem - turned out to be faulty 12v isolating switch near exit door. Switch felt fine but decided to bridge connections and 'hey presto' power restored!. Fitted new switch and all now ok.

Rob

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back