auxillary airel inputs

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SC 05 OUT, Nov 11, 2009.

1. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

seen a m/h with side fitted duel auxillary tv input, one input for co-axe one input for satalite screw type fitting, are they easy to fit, were can you get them?, whats the proper name for them?

thanks

2. bevo

bevo Read Only Funster

satellite socket

i fitted one of those (maxview).
    it's just 2 holes for the coax cable, and 2 little holes for the self tapping screws.
    make sure you can access the holes from the inside when drilled, to pull the cable through,
    put loads of sealant on the cable from the outside and as you feed it through the sealant blocks the holes.
    there is also a watertight gasket with the socket.
    in my opinion easy peasy, just have to have the confidence to drill into the van.

3. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

thanks just looked it up, it seems easy I'll have to explore the van wardrobe:thumb:

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

5. bevo

bevo Read Only Funster

external socket

hi seb
    forgot to mention i also fitted an internal socket on the inside ( bought from wikinsons store) that has the same connections as the outside (f screw type connector and coax connector) so its a simple job connecting and changing connections on the inside.

6. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

I was going to do that, on the TV cable side I'll try to pick up the airel lead from the statas power amp & airel which runs through the inner roof liner, that way I can also back feed the signel to the onboard freeview box for the front screen and get the four speaker sound from the radio dvd player and both tvs sinced up togeather. I'll have to have a good look at the onboard stuff to make sure I dont back feed into the amp though, might cause a bang :Eeek:

7. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

thanks, but the one I need the maxview, gives both tv co-axe and satalite F conectors,

nice handy site mind, the power out socket might come in usefull:thumb:

8. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i fitted one INSIDE the side locker.....the external coax cables enter at the bottom of the locker door at a slight angle (diagonally horizontal).
    the rubber seals have enough 'give' to accept the cables and reseal around them.

no hole drilling in the van walls or sealing needed:thumb: