Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Our motorhome has an Autowatch 457 fitted by previous owners.
It has just started playing up, the alarm going off at random times, usually the middle of the night much to the annoyance of neighbours.
This despite the internal sensors being disarmed by 2 clicks on the remote.
I've renewed the batteries in the pir so it's not that.
The previous owners removed the wireless sensor on the hab door, but the 2 on each garage door remain and work. There is a reed switch on the bonnet which seems OK but there is no switch obvious on the cab door but it must be wired somehow as the alarm works on it.
There is a cut wire at the back of the van which I assume was for an alarm on the bike rack.
Any suggestions gratefully received, or could anyone point me to a reliable approved Fitter in the west or central Scotland?

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I can't help with your specific problem, but I have an Autowatch system and had to contact them when I was having problems with the code adding an extra remote. They were very helpful so it might be worth emailing them for suggestions sales@autowatch.co.uk or phone 01732 886777

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
On our 3rd Autowatch on our 3rd van, only problem ever had was on the last van when PIR battery was flat.
You say the door switch has been removed has the unit been reprogramed to reflect this? Also if the door sensor has been removed would this affect the Thatcham Cat1 classification which might cause insurance problems if you had a claim. If on the back it is a bike loop it should be closed not open circuit. Sounds like previous owner has been fiddling and didn't know what he was doing.

As suggested give Autowatch a ring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alanawayfromhome

alanawayfromhome

Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Hi again,
Still waiting on Autowatch calling me back (it was an answering machine).
The alarm is still going of at random times.
In the interim can you tell me when you replaced the batteries on the pir did you have to reset anything, and is the button on the pir a test button and should it flash red when Pressed?
Thanks for your assistance

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When mine went off just replaced the battery in the PID.
Haven't left the rooflights open have with it armed as that can set if off if it's windy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alanawayfromhome

alanawayfromhome

Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Hi,
Update spoke to very helpful guy from autosecuritysystems who talked me through what might be causing the problem.
I wasn't aware there were batteries in the wireless sensors on the garage doors, so replacing them as first port of call.
I have to say what an absolute swine of a job, when they were fitted the batteries had been crimped on to the terminals, but done now so hopefully that will be the fix, (only one cut finger).
Hopefully that will be it sorted but if not I've to phone him back.
You were both right great help from autosecuritysystems who fitted the system in the first place.
Pity there isn't a comprehensive users manual pointing out simple things, like there is a battery underneath the printed circuit board that needs changing every few years.
Thanks again to the forum for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back