autowatch 161 alarm help.

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Khizzie, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Hi having a problem in identifying what the separate little fob does ,this just seems to push into a receiver on the dash ,not wanting to mess anything up ,also the magnetic ?? Door sensors have a little press button on them does this switch them on and off ?? Sorry to be so dense but even on handover it was not explained and because its a used vehicle only got the basic info.

2. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

That little fob is an emergency over-ride for the remote fob if lost or the battery goes flat.

Touching it to the small pad turns off the immob and alarm which, i believe, resets automatically when the ign is turned off again.

My door sensor is wireless and doesnt have the button but i suspect it could be a test button to show its working as it should or maybe to check the button cell battery is ok.
    i also have a wireless internal PIR which works when it wants, as does the magnetic door switch.

To be honest i have never seen such a poor quality alarm.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  4. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

5. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Brilliant papajohn, that explains everything .and coupled with the link I got from Gizmouk I zm well on the way of understanding the system.thanks again to you both.