Autotrail V Burstner

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Chris, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Had our new British van for about 3 weeks now and I have to say the comparison with the old one is very favourable, in fact more favourable than I had dared hope for.

Everything seems to work, no bits have fallen off, it's been rained on , snowed on and lived in for the last 2 weeks. The controls are clear, the heating is better, the lounge space is great, the engine is more fuel efficient, the cookers better, and it's got a solar panel,

Add in a very good dealer ( Johns Cross) and we are very happy bunnies.

GB-1, Germany -0

• Like Like x 6
  2. Microchip

Microchip Funster

Indeed you can expect no less from that dealer, wish there were more with their kind of care. :Smile:

Keith

3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

So you coming skiing next year then:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Ill give you a list of jobs to complete before you can go:Wink:

No seriously, Nikki and I were sat in the MH last weekend saying how much we love our Brittish MH and how glad we are to of decided to keep it and use the money we would of spent on changing it to work less and go away more. :thumb:

• Like Like x 5
  4. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

that's the way to do it:Cool:

i wish I could:cry:

5. Phill D

Phill D

thats good to hear, you could restore my faith in Autotrail if this keeps up::Eek!:

i guess you had the euro 4 on your old van and euro 5 this ( much better IMO ) and you have the latest 6kw time controlled heating system.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Sorry, if i where to buy new it would be german i tried an a/trail nice van with loads of bling,:Smile: but quality wins.I wish you well and a good dealer is what we all would like perhaps i may of kept ours for longer than 8 months if we had a better dealer.
    Good luck and enjoy.
    John.:thumb:

7. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Another satisfied AT owner here had our new Mohawk since 1st March couple of minor cosmetic issues (we are fussy:Smile:) otherwise very well built and screwed together. It was worth the engine upgrade to 150bhp drives like a dream and is giving decent mpg. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

8. Chris

Yes Phil it is the Euro5 engine. The heating system is fab:thumb:

9. Chris

Hi John. The only bling on our van seems to be the lighting which seems a bit OTT.

I can see the attraction with German vans but I can only compare what I have had with what I have got and I am pleased:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Phill D

Phill D

we have both on our ( now 1 year old ) Adria really impressed with both engine and heating:thumb:

the main thing is, is that you are pleased with what you put your hard earned cash into and enjoy it.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  11. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

We have had both an Autotrail and now a Burstner. And to be honest I do not think there is much to choose between them. Bought both when they were 18 months old. Had the Autotrail for over 2 years and nothing broke and nothing fell off. And the Burstner has been the same. The bonus with the Aviano is the on board fresh water tank and the insulated waste tank.
    I would buy another Autotrail again no problem.

Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

No you won't Lynn won't let ya :Rofl1::Rofl1:

13. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

My first autotrail, my first motorhome!!!!

I'm new to the world of motorhoming and I'm loving every single second so far and it just grows from strength to strength :thumb:

I brought my first Autotrail in August 2012. It's a 2006 Dakota SE with the 2.8 JTD and i love it. It's only covered 11000 miles and feels like new. I had to do a few minor tasks on her, but that was down to the previous owner. All in all I'm chuffed to NAAFI breaks with her and goes to show that even second hand they're just the best, well in my opinion anyway. Now I know people will say how can I compare and I can't, I just know I'm happy with what I have and the price I paid as a private deal.

Don't get me wrong, I think Autotrail need to improve the "in build" inspections as it would got a long way to improving the overall quality of their product. There are lots of screw that have been put in at an angle, bits that wobble and shouldnt and even nail clippings and sweetie wrappers found behind the fridge whereby the guys and girlies on the production line are not taking the care they should, but overall I'm chuffed to bits and very happy.

:BigGrin::thumb:

Life is for living, so live it and live it as wild as you can :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  14. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

What's stopping you ?

Only live once.
    I started full timeing over a year ago. Best thing I ever did

Your a long time dead. So life is for living

15. lorger

lorger Funster

I was sat in Stewarts van this afternoon and have to say it was very nice and looked liked good quality finish, and the cuppa Tea was top class:Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1