Autotrail Tracker EKS SE (( Snags)) (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Folks..Finally got the above van and there are a few little probs and I would be most grateful if someone could shine a light into my dark world...
1. Peizo ignition for the cooker and hob rings won't work.

2. Fridge won't light on gas.

Any pointers will be very much appreciated.. The van has only done 950 miles so It may be lack of use, even though its 2 years old...

I look forward to your replies... Mitch and Jenny..

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok, Cant help with the first one but will give some help with the second.

This is a common thing with a lot of Vans, shown to me by Ash when having had problems with mine.

Behind the bottom firdge vent, if you take it off from the outside ie the striker from the gas. For some reason and unbeknown why, it some times move so teh ignitior is too far from the pilot striking light. a little screwdriver very gently to re-introduce them to each other normally solves the issue with out a problem. It has to be done gently and without moving that bottom fridge vent, what im saying will make no sense whatsoever.

To remove teh outside fridge vent there should be two catches that simply slide inwards and then allow for the release of the vent cover, then have a look at it and all will make complete sense. :thumb:

As for the first problem, mine never ever has worked on any van, well not consistantly , the best present I ever got was from Mrs Tick59 a lighter thingy, you know the sort i mean.:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I know mine is a totally different van, but my igniter works from a 12v supply and unless 'Aux1' on the control panel is on the igniters do not work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Most fridges and some cookers require a 12vdc supply to operate the igniters .. with both not working I suspect it's either switched off at the main panel, or a common 12v fuse blown.

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks to you 3 chaps, I will give it the eyeballs in the morning.. Thanks again, I will let you know if / when I succeed.. Mitch..

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Good points .. I am assuming there is no 12v problems and with your cooker, have.a Look and see if you can see e igniter actually working but just not lighting the cas

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Guys

If the 12v control panel above the door is not switched on peizo ignition will not work

Enjoy the Tracker, and if we can be of assistance just ask

Stewart

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
At 2 years old your van should still be under warranty. I think I'd be getting the dealer to explore rather than having a fiddle myself

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks again chaps.. Yes the power is on above the door, but the peizo switch itself has absolutely no effect,, not even clicking, so tomorrow I will check the switch with my multimeter and take it from there..... The isolating gas tap for the fridge is on, so I will try haganaps suggestion about the fridge cover and move the auto peizo point closer to the pilot light and see what happens....thanks again fellas.. Mitch..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back