Autotrail stereo 2007

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Mags52, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Our Autotrail Miami has its original stereo (2007) and it has no auxiliary input or bluetooth. The CD player is also faulty so we're stuck with a radio only. We want to change it for a better one but it is connected to a complicated looking audio system.
    There is a DVD player that runs through the same swivelling screen as the reversing camera but we don't need that part of it as we have two TVs on board (I know!)
    Can anyone advise what is the best thing to do? We are currently in Spain and our trip South was very quiet without any kind of onboard Audio for 1000 miles once we left the UK. I would like to have it done locally for the sake of our relationship and our sanity on the way home.

2. Lofty1

Lofty1 Funster

Be very careful if you are on an Iveco chassis as some have a immobilizer that will cut the engine if the radio is disconnected requiring a main dealer to reset it , I worked for Iveco and had to go to a few people who tried to fit after market radios.

3. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Thanks Lofty. It's a Renault Master so hopefully this won't apply.

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

If you are not worries about playing DVD's in it and have a video input/output then almost anything will be fine
    They use the standard Europlugs so it is really a simple case of unplugging the old and plugging in the new

5. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Thanks Jaws. Great news