autotrail scout water pump location (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
theres been a few threads latly about "dead" water pumps and before I put water back in I think I ought to locate and have a look at my pump and check conections ect, but Im dont know were it is, so any scout owners know? or pehaps where to look.

I did drain down properly ( I hope)

I.E. open and drain tanks

open taps (mixer taps to middle)

open shower and take off hose to shower head

open and empty hot water tank

fluse loo till dry (empty contents)

run pump till dry and splutters air

take m/h out for a run on bendy road to shake out all remaining water

close tank stop cocks

but Im still concerned with the very cold winter weve had, that I'd like to know were the pump is just in case.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I can't be sure, but I think the pump in Scouts, early ones anyway, was under the wardrobe, lift out the false bottom. Have a look there while you are waiting for a current Scout owner to put you in the right place::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I can't be sure, but I think the pump in Scouts, early ones anyway, was under the wardrobe, lift out the false bottom. Have a look there while you are waiting for a current Scout owner to put you in the right place::bigsmile:

I should have said its a 2005 model, Im off to look in a bit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp

Nil points but thanks for trying,

I had a look it wasn’t there, I found it under the dinette seating, by the water heater, had a look around, no pipes off, so that’s good, I did notice the water inlet pipe from the tank to the pump was kinked and bent. It comes in from under the floor in a curve and it’s been bent over.

I’ve never noticed poor flow so I’m not sure if its restricting the amount of water. As all the pipes are very cold and not very flexible at this time I'll wait till things warm up before trying to sort it out, but it was poor workman-ship leaving it like that.

Terry S

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
2002 Autotrail Scout Merc
Exp
2 years
I have a 2002 Scout and it is under the forward facing dinette seat inboard of the wateer heater abutting the wall of the wash room.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have a 2002 Scout and it is under the forward facing dinette seat inboard of the wateer heater abutting the wall of the wash room.

Your a bit to late @Terry S ... You have opened a very old post.. LOOK AT THE DATE :) Jan 2011 !!!
Welcome to fun anyway.... :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back