Autotrail Scout (Aerial)

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kennygd, Sep 15, 2010.

1. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

:Smile:I have bought an Autotrail Scout motorhome for my daughter, problem is that there does not seem to be enough power going to the Status aerial box, the 12v lights in the van are all working okay but the red light on the aerial box has been getting dimmer and dimmer until now and we have nothing, I am hoping someone has one of these motorhomes or can help me out with the problem, do I need another leisure battery? there is only one but that seems okay if the interior lights are working, I am baffled:Doh:
    Kenny

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Very odd !
    I think you need to trace where the 12v feed wire goes to make sure it is connected to a battery that is being charged up and not just hidden away somewhere !

My daughter had this exact thing happen in her previous caravan.. When I looked at it, it turned out someone had simply connected the feed wires to a small gel battery under the seat .. Not connected to the charge circuit in any way at all :Eeek:

3. kennygd

:Smile:Thanks Jaws,
    Can't find anywhere the wires are going, it has been working okay but the red light kept getting dimmer and dimmer and now nothing at all.
    Ken

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Are you going to the Lincoln show ? If you are and have not sussed it, come find me ( or ring me on 0781 8822887 ) and I will take a look for you :thumb:

5. kennygd

:BigGrin:Thanks again Jaws, can't get to the Lincloln show unfortunately, what are your thoughts on connecting the wires fron the booster itself and connecting direct onto the leisure battery?
    Ken

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Well providing you pop an in line fuse on the red line that is exactly where I would be going..
    If you want to discuss further it might be best verbally rather than via the keyboard.. If you want more info or help please do not hesitate to ring on eeither 07818822887 or 01842754415 any time from 9 am to 10 pm 7 days a week ( though all of next week I will only have the mobile as we are off playing again from this Friday, leaving the daughter at the home/office ! :) )