Autotrail Mohican - habitation door won't shut (1 Viewer)

KeithQ

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
None
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. The fly screen on the habitation door seems to be preventing the main door from closing properly, the hinges are bending and it is moving out of position.
Any ideas?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The fly screen should be fully retracted to enable the habitation door to close
If it won't retract fully - check that the frame of the fly screen is sitting properly in the runners and is not catching on something

Reactions: f6c

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If it is not of the sliding type check the hinges they are often seized and then bend when opening and closing the screen altering its position within the door frame
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
On my Autotrail tracker the bottom fly screen runner often fills with stones/grit and does not fully retract but it has never started to bend the hinges.

OP
OP
K

KeithQ

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
None
It isn't the sliding type, it is hinged. The hinges are bending and altering the position of the screen but do not appear to have seized but the metal doesn't seem to have any strength. I am thinking of cutting off the screen as I can't think of any alternative.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We had a problem with the hinges on our Chausson that resulted in them having to be replaced. Nightmare job sourcing the hinges and navigating Triganos new parts system.
Ours were divided in two and the flyscreen part had started to seize. We removed the flyscreen from the hinges while we waited for the hinges to be sourced

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back