Autotrail mobile digital receiver box (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
looks like our box isn't working but I can't tell if it's just the remote sensor via it's not lighting up or if it's the whole box that's faulty.

Where do these boxes get sent to be repaired?

Is there anyway to tell if power is going through the box. I know power is getting to it.

Is there a way to get the flip down monitor to show tv without using the remote?

I'm stuck.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I dont know your paticular unit but if you have the monitor powered (lights up), one of the yellow phono plugs by the media unit will be it's video feed. You can connect any video source to that to establish if the monitor is working.. ie a camcorder, dvd player with video out....

Do you have some better pics showing the whole of the back and the front.. ?
Seen the ones on the facebook group but not giving me an idea of what the unit is actually for.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The monitor itself lights up blue and can be moved by using the buttons to change between AV1 and AV2. But can't seem to use the buttons to get a rv picture or a DVD to play through this. I can see the DVD in the little screen on the radio.

The media box in question doesn't have any buttons or lights on it so can't tell if it's doing anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Sandra
Blue monitor tends to suggest that it is powering up (obviously) but not receiving a signal from the source.
On our Auto-trail, which has the larger in-dash media unit, the signal to the monitor is fed from a socket on the back of the media unit. If this socket \ plug is disconnected we still get the TV picture on the media centre but blue screen on the monitor. If your set-up is similar to ours suggest your first check should be the socket \ plug behind the media unit as the connections weren't that tight so I taped them together with insulating tape.
The back of ours looks like this.
upload_2017-1-4_12-13-20.png

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have 3 things. A mobile digital receiver box(which I can't tell is working or not cos the sensor that is connected to it won't light)

We have the flip down monitor

The radio with the little screen that plays the dvds. Normally I would press the remote to change source to DVD but as the sensor won't work I can't do this. Can't seem to change it over manually.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Don't know what sort of digital reciever you've got,ours was in a top cupboard with the status amplifier,it had it's own power supply and this used to drop out occasionally,you then had to take the box out to reinsert it!

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ours is in a top cupboard too. A rocker switch below the Sargent has 2 spade connector wires goes to the monitor and the other goes to the mobile digital receiver box so the monitor will light up regardless of whether the mobile digital receiver is even plugged in or not.

I've just asked Alan to open the box up and have a look vid it's not under warranty now anyway. I assume I can buy another receiver box that will work with existing wires.

Has anyone changed theirs and if so for what?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Alan opened the media box and found the power supply connector wasn't in its place so the unit had been getting no power. I now have a picture on the monitor :D2 . Next problem was me originally ussuming it was the remote sensor that was broken so after pushing and pulling it in and out I bent the din pins. Bought another din plug and Alan has soldered on the wires where I think they should go.
Now I'm scared to plug in the remote incase I've got the wrong pins wired and blow the board. :(

Hope this post might help someone in future.

UPDATE All working :) If anyone else has to change DINplug then the pins to use are bottom right ..white and red to the right in middle row.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back