Autotrail Miami Fridge Problem

Discussion in 'Auto-Trail' started by Doc Paul, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Doc Paul

Doc Paul Read Only Funster

We have a problem with the fridge not automatically switching from one power source to another when on 'auto'. Freezer doesn't seem to work well when on 12V. Suggestions please.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

12v operation will only maintain the 'pre-cooled' fridge temperature...not reduce it !

and, of course, it will only run on 12v with the engine running.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. stagman

stagman Deleted User

I had a Miami great van but that Thetford fridge only trouble especially down to France beer always warm . My mate had the same fridge in his Cheyenne and Autotrail changed it under warranty but I know your's would be too old for that .:thumb:

4. billy

billy Read Only Funster

Hi paul does your step retract when you start your engine the reason i ask that is if it does not then you have a blown fuse which you will find under the bench seat behind the passengers seat on the right hand side as you look.
    This fuse controls the fridge and the step.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Doc Paul

Doc Paul Read Only Funster

Miami Fridge

Thanks for confirming the problem. It seems as though the CPU has an intermittent fault. We only got the van in May last year but then a bus ran into us in August and ...well that's another story. So, e haven't been able to iron out all the foibles yet.

Yes it is a great van; suits our needs very well. :thumb:

To the person who submitted the comment about the step; everything is fine thanks, but helpful to know the probable cause.