Autotrail Miami Fridge Problem (3 Viewers)

Doc Paul

Free Member
Feb 23, 2012
North West
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
We have a problem with the fridge not automatically switching from one power source to another when on 'auto'. Freezer doesn't seem to work well when on 12V. Suggestions please.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
12v operation will only maintain the 'pre-cooled' fridge temperature...not reduce it !

and, of course, it will only run on 12v with the engine running.....

S

stagman

Deleted User
We have a problem with the fridge not automatically switching from one power source to another when on 'auto'. Freezer doesn't seem to work well when on 12V. Suggestions please.

I had a Miami great van but that Thetford fridge only trouble especially down to France beer always warm . My mate had the same fridge in his Cheyenne and Autotrail changed it under warranty but I know your's would be too old for that .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi paul does your step retract when you start your engine the reason i ask that is if it does not then you have a blown fuse which you will find under the bench seat behind the passengers seat on the right hand side as you look.
This fuse controls the fridge and the step.

OP
OP
D

Doc Paul

Free Member
Feb 23, 2012
North West
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
Miami Fridge

Thanks for confirming the problem. It seems as though the CPU has an intermittent fault. We only got the van in May last year but then a bus ran into us in August and ...well that's another story. So, e haven't been able to iron out all the foibles yet.

Yes it is a great van; suits our needs very well. :thumb:

To the person who submitted the comment about the step; everything is fine thanks, but helpful to know the probable cause.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back