Autotrail Help Please

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by alivan, Feb 5, 2010.

1. alivan

alivan Read Only Funster

Hello all Tech.,
    I have just tried to start my M/H Autotrail. Would not turn over batt flat and
    The panel above the door shows a row of squares on the blue background and ticking every second and will not switch on or off.

The M/H is standing, I start it every week to keep things working. Any advise please.

Ivan

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  2. davejen

davejen Funster

Hi, Ivan , not sure about your panel- mine's a bit different, but when ours wouldn't start in thr recent very cold weather I ran some wires from the leisure batts to the engine battery and left it a few hours (on hook-up ) and the battery was charged enough to start the engine. I have asked my dealer to check if the engine battery should charge whilst on hookup, but they've not got back to me yet. Hope this helps,
    Cheers, Dave:thumb:

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Ivan

Firstly what you need to do is to remove the control panel from the wall and then remove the electrical connections from the panel,leave standing for 30 seconds and replace connections and panel.
    This should reboot the panel thus allowing you to put a charge back into the engine battery.

I hope this helps

Glenn Harris Workshop Manager

4. davejen

davejen Funster

Hi, Glen, could you just disconnect the leisure battery and get same result? and would it sort my query out too? (see my previous post) Thanks, Dave:thumb:

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

What totally unprofessional design. All that potential for damage to the electronics and hassle for the punter when all it needed was the usual hole and a reset switch behind it.

6. robnchris

robnchris Funster

leisure battery

Not on our truck it wouldn`t be, they are underneath the van behind the spare wheel, excellent not having them in the van space wise but a pain in the backside to get at, still that is why we fitted gel batteries.
    Mind you the previous owners saved the space moving the batteries then filled the space with an internal gas tank. :Doh:

Regards Rob and Chris.