Autotrail Grande Frontier (1 Viewer)

Kraftyhaz

Free Member
Sep 6, 2010
Funster No
I came across your site as we are looking for a Autotrail Grande Frontier. Seems like there are none around, and most people seem to think they have lots of faults. we had a Swift Belaire and got the same response but we really liked the layout and had it for three years. Now running a Mirage 6000 which is great but getting a bit tired looking. Its the front lounge with a drop down bed we like with mid kitchen and end bathroom. We've not been able to find anything out there. Help!

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
I know where there is one!!!

We owned it for 8 weeks and the reputable dealer that we bought it from agreed to take it back for a full refund last week due to all the faults it had.

Please............ take notice of the posts, we didn't, and like you thought they can't all be bad.

We call it "Fools Gold" looks lovely and was a perfect layout for us but not worth all the problems that come with it!!

OP
OP
K

Kraftyhaz

Free Member
Sep 6, 2010
Funster No
I know where there is one!!!

We owned it for 8 weeks and the reputable dealer that we bought it from agreed to take it back for a full refund last week due to all the faults it had.

Please............ take notice of the posts, we didn't, and like you thought they can't all be bad.

We call it "Fools Gold" looks lovely and was a perfect layout for us but not worth all the problems that come with it!!

Not sure how this thing works, but thanks for the post. It was probably the one we saw. Would love to know what the faults were????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I came across your site as we are looking for a Autotrail Grande Frontier. Seems like there are none around, and most people seem to think they have lots of faults. we had a Swift Belaire and got the same response but we really liked the layout and had it for three years. Now running a Mirage 6000 which is great but getting a bit tired looking. Its the front lounge with a drop down bed we like with mid kitchen and end bathroom. We've not been able to find anything out there. Help!

I did have one Autotrail Grand Frontier Motorhome 2006 but now sold, I have a beautiful Mirage 6000u Motorhome 2007 in stock or a Hymer B544 Motorhome 2004 if they tick any boxes

Peter

OP
OP
K

Kraftyhaz

Free Member
Sep 6, 2010
Funster No
Not sure how this thing works, but thanks for the post. It was probably the one we saw. Would love to know what the faults were????
my husband is usually quite good at fixing things. Were the faults so bad they couldn't be fixed.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Kraftyhaz and welcome,

Do yourselves a favour and look at Sneezles thread on the Autotrail, inclusing that they were lucky enough to get the dealer to refund them in full after 8 weeks. The Grand Frontiere is an abject failure - it was in production for a very short period, was hugely expensive and suffered many design faults and shoddy finishing, and in the end, very few were ever made. There are a few people who have popped up on the thread saying how they love theirs, but from firsthand viewing close up when we were in the market for a new MH, I can tell you the quality was absolutely dire and there are serious flaws. It is also completely un-winterised, so if you like using the MH in the colder months you will have serious problems with this one.

You can do far far better for the money but its yours to spend as you wish - just hate seeing people make expensive mistakes :Eeek: Take care and hope you find your perfect van!!

OP
OP
K

Kraftyhaz

Free Member
Sep 6, 2010
Funster No
Grande Frontier

Thanks for that. The fact you say its not winterised is a major factor for us as we do spend a lot of time in our motorhome without electric hook ups. We also spend the winter in Spain where it gets quite cold at night.
Do wish we could find one that has the same layout though.

Wex

Free Member
Sep 6, 2010
Funster No
Grande frontier

Don't let the naysayers with 4 year old information put you off one of these great motorhomes. Sure, there were a number of niggles and faults when they were launched four years ago but they were put right by A/T.

I've had one since new and, after faults rectified, has been a brilliant motorhome. The layout and washroom is superb and it really is a luxury motorhome. I've been out in all weathers and never had problems with freezing etc. Only problem was usual fridge lack of efficiency in Biarritz!::bigsmile:

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
Don't let the naysayers with 4 year old information put you off one of these great motorhomes. Sure, there were a number of niggles and faults when they were launched four years ago but they were put right by A/T.

I've had one since new and, after faults rectified, has been a brilliant motorhome. The layout and washroom is superb and it really is a luxury motorhome. I've been out in all weathers and never had problems with freezing etc. Only problem was usual fridge lack of efficiency in Biarritz!::bigsmile:

Hey! I am not a 4 year old naysayer! I took ours back only last week!!
Believe me, the problems are still occuring and we have first hand knowledge of this, I am sure the dealer would have refused to take it back if there were not problems.

I am sure there must be some about that are not problems, in fact I know 2 people that are pleased with them but from my experience I, personally would definitely not recommend buying one.

I have pm'd you Kraftyhaz.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back