Autotrail/Fiat exterior LED lighting

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by grumps147, Mar 12, 2015.

1. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

The latest Fiat Ducatos gave a row of LED's under the headlamps used as Day running lights.
    I know one of the reasons for having a cluster of LED (these appear to be in a line), is if one bulb unit dies the remainder still continue to give an albeit reduced output.
    Does anyone know if you can replace individual bulb units, or is it a full strip, or, is it a complete headlamp unit?
    Likewise, later model Autotrails have WIPAC rear LED light units. Again, does anyone know if you replace individual failed bulb units, or if it has to be a complete lamp replacement?
    The reason for asking is one of the requirements of European travel is carrying spare bulbs. I am struggling to find anything by way of web searches to cover this.
    Can anyone assist please?

2. chopper602

chopper602 Funster

Most automotive LEDs are sealed units without any replaceable 'bulbs'. The requirement to carry bulbs is only for bulbs that a changeable - these are not!

(In all my years travelling around Europe by car/motorhome, I've never had the need to present a set of bulbs to anyone!)

3. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

That's what I am finding Tim, very few now have it as a compulsory requirement (Spain no longer require it). I am also assuming where LED's are used they are a complete unit.
    More questions for the dealers, I just thought someone may have known how they were assembled.