LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
My Autotrail Scout top door lock has become loose, it does not seem to react to the central locking and moves freely. Ive been told that it is connected with a wire/hook that can become detached ? if this is correct is it a diy job or back to a dealer?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, I had the same trouble with my habitation door in my autotrail top and bottom locking bolts had worked loose .I took door inside plastic cover off and found screws securing locking system had worked off so I just tightened up the screws they really should have some thread sealant on them and all was well easy job .
hope yours is the same good luck with it
mike mcglynn:thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi, I had the same trouble with my habitation door in my autotrail top and bottom locking bolts had worked loose .I took door inside plastic cover off and found screws securing locking system had worked off so I just tightened up the screws they really should have some thread sealant on them and all was well easy job .
hope yours is the same good luck with it
mike mcglynn:thumb:

when you take all the little screws out under the rubber seal, does the inside pannel just come away over the inside door handle? Im just a bit concerned it will all go ping? and bits fly off everywhere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
door probs

when you take all the little screws out under the rubber seal, does the inside pannel just come away over the inside door handle? Im just a bit concerned it will all go ping? and bits fly off everywhere

no mine didnt but put an old bedsheet under the door when you takethe plastic off just in case .Mike.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
no mine didnt but put an old bedsheet under the door when you takethe plastic off just in case .Mike.

turns out it was the spring link on the top catch that had broken, I managed to cut down the old spring for now, Ill have to try and source some simular ones as I dont think the streached spring with last too long, need to get some screws also, there wee 3 missing (before I started) so the doors been off befor...

Anyway its fixed for now job done in 45mins, glad I never took it to a dealer for that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back