Autotrail Dakota sink blocked (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi

Main sink on our Dakota blocked. Done normal stuff - suction & unblocking rod. Freed up something but still no joy. Is it possible to disconnect pipes under sink without doing more damage or should I leave it to a professional

In short - any suggestions.

Regards from Crystal Palace site.:cry:

Bill & Shirl

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
pipe blockage

Hi

Main sink on our Dakota blocked. Done normal stuff - suction & unblocking rod. Freed up something but still no joy. Is it possible to disconnect pipes under sink without doing more damage or should I leave it to a professional

In short - any suggestions.

Regards from Crystal Palace site.:cry:

Bill & Shirl

Hi Bill and Shirl,

Sorry to hear about this and also a little worried for you as we have an Auto-trail and all waste pipes drop straight into a holding tank so no "U" bends to cause restrictions, bad side is you need to keep plugs in to stop fumes coming back.
Shouldn`t be too difficult a job to break the joint at the bottom of the sink, hopefully the blockage isn`t in the holding tank.

Rob and Chris.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If there is a trap under the plughole, undo that and clean it out. On my van all the plastic rigid drain lines are pushfit. You can work your way along via the joints and clean as you go.

Make sure you can reach each joint before you pull it apart!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Bill and Shirl,
Sorry to hear about this and also a little worried for you as we have an Auto-trail and all waste pipes drop straight into a holding tank so no "U" bends to cause restrictions, bad side is you need to keep plugs in to stop fumes coming back.
Shouldn`t be too difficult a job to break the joint at the bottom of the sink, hopefully the blockage isn`t in the holding tank.
Rob and Chris.

Hi Rob,

To stop the smell, put a cup of biological washing powder in the sink and flush it down after every time you empty the tank, it will keep it fresh.

Peter

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
holding tank

Hi Rob,

To stop the smell, put a cup of biological washing powder in the sink and flush it down after every time you empty the tank, it will keep it fresh.

Peter

Hi Peter,
Thanks for that tip, we have just kept the plugs in todate, only had the truck since October and used it for a total of three weeks so still learning about it.

Regards Rob and Chris.

manu54

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
18 years
Bunged up

Hi you two.....have you tried white vinegar or lemon juice ??
Phil

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
This blocked main sink is now officially doing my head in:cry:

I have had the system to pieces & can confirm that the downpipe to the junction box (see photo) is clear. As is the junction box. I have stuck 4 metres of drain rod down towards the grey water tank - all clear.

So I have determined that it is an 'air' problem.:Doh:

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to solve this?:helpsos:

We are driving down to Brighton tomorrow & I'm hoping that the great potholes of England will jolt it clear.:ROFLMAO: Lets hope so.

Attachments

• CIMG3414.jpg
    CIMG3414.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 30
  • CIMG3415.jpg
    CIMG3415.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 25
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
blocked sink

This blocked main sink is now officially doing my head in:cry:

I have had the system to pieces & can confirm that the downpipe to the junction box (see photo) is clear. As is the junction box. I have stuck 4 metres of drain rod down towards the grey water tank - all clear.

So I have determined that it is an 'air' problem.:Doh:

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to solve this?:helpsos:

We are driving down to Brighton tomorrow & I'm hoping that the great potholes of England will jolt it clear.:ROFLMAO: Lets hope so.

Have you tried opening the drain on the grey tank to atmosphere to see if water flows through, just to eliminate the air pressure thoughts, you could then try and blow air through the system before re-assemble.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I dont think ya wanna do it like that

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faUBbz_EncE[/ame]

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
I had a similar problem on my Apache, rodding did no good so had to take the drain pipe off the tank, its just a jubilee clip.
I found that a lot of slime had built up inside the tank and was blocking the entrance to it, i managed to scrape out around it and after that everything was flowing ok but to make sure i poured in a good drain cleaner and left for a few hours.
That was 3 years ago and no problems since.

RD

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I had the same problem on my Frontier Scout,none of the sinks including shower would drain properly. Until one week end I had forgotten to close the drain tap before using and the sinks flowed perfectly,subsequently I used a waste tank outside and problem was solved. What it does then make you consider is whats the use of the onboard waste tank,if you have to do this so the sinks will empty properly

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
For cleaning my domestic ( home ) sink drains and in the motorhome I use Soda Crystals.

Hot water down the sink, then about a cup full of soda crystals on the plughole then more *hot* water. I have a bathroom basin at home that gets 'sluggish' and this treatment fixes it; not necessarily immediately but gradually clears after a day or so. Used in the motorhome fairly regularly it keeps the pipes clean and, if a larger quantity is flushed into the waste tank and kept there while driving, it will clean out the tank of sludge and slime.

I am sure it would help with your situation. It's about 80p per packet in supermarkets etc.

hth

Harvey

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back