Mar 2, 2014
newton abbot
Funster No
MH
on order
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi,

We recently ordered a Comanche at the NEC in February and were considering having E&P self levelling Jacks installed.

We went along the the SW Motorhome show today in Exeter, to discuss the jacks with Courtside Conversions and the VB Air Suspension system came up in conversation. Apparently, not only is the ride improved but, the system also levels. An added bonus was that the nose can be dropped and the rear raised so that when loading/unloading on ferries, there is no danger of the overhang grounding.

My questions are, are these Motorhomes prone to grounding? and

Does the Comanche's rid need improving?

At present I'm comfortable with the E&P system being an addition to my vehicle but, I wonder if the replacement of the coil springs would affect my warranty and, what if they develop a fault. It's one thing if a jack won't descend but no suspension......

Has anyone experience of the Air Suspension system

John

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Can't help sorry, but I am a bit worried about the overhang on our Scout when we go to Santander in April.

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
I have air on the rear of mine I think its a much better ride and gives about 150mm higher rear lift:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Followtheox

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
banbury
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autotrail
Exp
2 years
Never had a problem with Comanche ride or overhang. You do not need rear stabilizers, even in high wind it will not move. The overhang on the Scout is longer than the Comanche.

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
overhang

Hi
This is interesting subject I am considering the E&P levelling system because we spend a lot of time by the coast and the buffeting from the wind rocks the van slightly Also I can’t be bothered to level the dam thing
As for the grounding getting on and off ferries isn’t an issue i did ground out once coming off a site in Swanage but the ramp was about 30 degrees and the underside of the tow bar just kissed the ground but as i was aware i moved at a snail’s pace.
I would be interested in other forms of levelling devices as the E&P system is about 5k fitted
Regards

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have not had a problem with grounding, getting on or off the ferries. I would also consider the E &P levelling as I find the levelling the biggest chore, it is easy, but I don't particularly like using a ramp on one of the rear axles only.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
We have air suspension and never bother putting the stabilisers down,also never rock around when travelling,but was fitted when we bought it so got nothing to compare it with.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back