Autotrail Chieftain Body Crack! (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Hi, my friend was horrified to find Sunday that a crack has appeared starting from the offside lounge window heading down diagonally towards a locker hatch!! After a minor panic he googled it and found it's a fairly common problem! He spoke to some chap at Oak Tree Motorhomes and was put in touch with a contact at Autotrail. During a chat with them he discovered that Autotrail had contacted all owners of these vans at some stage in the past and have offered to do ALL repairs free of charge! That's as long as no-one has attempted a repair themselves. 2 week job apparently. Result!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is a duplicate of the thread a week or so ago, complete with pictures of the crack ?

OP
OP
A
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Oh is it? I did look back through the Autotrail section but didn't see anything. Sorry. My mate only found the crack 2 days ago so not a repeat. This is a new one. Obviously a more common problem than first thought.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Well done and don't have to apologise, even if it was posted some weeks ago, this is the first time I've read about it.

Very interested as an AT owner, although not a Chieftain:)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I had this problem on a previous van - Autotrail Cheyenne. My dealer returned the van to Autotrail for repair and two weeks later it was returned and you would never have known there had been a problem. Worse part was emptying all the cupboards and underbed storage on the effected side before it went in for repair!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
AT windows were to big for the widow hole . Eventually stress built up & the weak spots were at the corners ...
I never had info from about returning for repair. ...
From threads they are still making the same mistakes ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back