Autotrail Cheyenne Peugeot 1998

Discussion in 'Auto-Trail' started by barrywi, Sep 25, 2012.

1. barrywi

barrywi Read Only Funster

We are experienced caravanners but are considering buying a local Cheyenne with 55000 miles on the clock in really good condition. It has a large U shaped rear lounge. It is a Peugeot 2.5 Diesel
    Need to know if there are any common problems with the body or mechanical bits.
    Can you fit 3 point seat belts in the rear in case we take one of our grandchildren away with us?
    Any other comments?

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome :thumb: I would check out that the layout suits your requirements i.e. make up beds etc.YOU CAN RETRO FIT BELTS YOURSELF but you do not need them.(No doubt I will get jumped on by others on the site for suggesting such a thing :BigGrin:)but it all depends on your DIY skills and suitable anchor points :Wink: Remember to fit only lap belts to any side seats not 3 point :Smile:
    After layout all the same things apply to your van as a caravan - check everything works and especially for damp
    terry

3. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

Hi /Welcome,
    I have a 1997 scout which is simular.
    There are ways to fix up to 6 belts as we have.
    Check the sealing on the windows and doors.
    Has the cambelt and alternater belt been changed recently?
    Check the water outlet on the windsreen scuttle panel is clear to drain away from the gearbox ---- common fault is water running into gearbox on them.
    They have a manifold flame start in cold weather so may blow smoke out when starting in the cold.