Autotrail Cheyenne Peugeot 1998 (1 Viewer)

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
We are experienced caravanners but are considering buying a local Cheyenne with 55000 miles on the clock in really good condition. It has a large U shaped rear lounge. It is a Peugeot 2.5 Diesel
Need to know if there are any common problems with the body or mechanical bits.
Can you fit 3 point seat belts in the rear in case we take one of our grandchildren away with us?
Any other comments?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: I would check out that the layout suits your requirements i.e. make up beds etc.YOU CAN RETRO FIT BELTS YOURSELF but you do not need them.(No doubt I will get jumped on by others on the site for suggesting such a thing ::bigsmile:)but it all depends on your DIY skills and suitable anchor points :winky: Remember to fit only lap belts to any side seats not 3 point :Smile:
After layout all the same things apply to your van as a caravan - check everything works and especially for damp
terry

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Hi /Welcome,
I have a 1997 scout which is simular.
There are ways to fix up to 6 belts as we have.
Check the sealing on the windows and doors.
Has the cambelt and alternater belt been changed recently?
Check the water outlet on the windsreen scuttle panel is clear to drain away from the gearbox ---- common fault is water running into gearbox on them.
They have a manifold flame start in cold weather so may blow smoke out when starting in the cold.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back