Autotrail Cheyenne 634 2000 gas heating (1 Viewer)

elksie

Free Member
Apr 19, 2011
Midlands & Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,

My first post! We picked up an Autotrail Cheyenne 634 3 weeks ago & we are still trying to work out the gas heating.

We have a Carver heater which we can either work on gas or electric. So far we haven't found where the isolation valve is. We turned on & off the 2 valves under the sink unit - one is for the fridge but nothing helped.

Before we call out mobile servicing is there anything that we should do which we're not doing. This is our first time with MH.

Thanks for your help.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi and welcome. .. if I read your post correctly you want to know where the gas isolation valve is for your heater..
I don't know your van but it would be normal for that to be in line fairly close to the heater... can you not trace the pipe.
I'm sure someone will be able to help... they are a popular van...
Andy..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

elksie

Free Member
Apr 19, 2011
Midlands & Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
We think it is one of the valves by the sink but can not hear any gas coming through so may be a problem elsewhere. Thanks Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
We think it is one of the valves by the sink but can not hear any gas coming through so may be a problem elsewhere. Thanks Andy

Hi again.... but what is the problem ????do you just want to know where the carver heater gas valve is or are you having problems with all the gas appliances not working.... does the heater work OK on gas and you just want to know how to isolate it..
If that's all hopefully someone with similar van will be along...
Excuse the questions but from your first post I'm just not sure what the problem is you want sorted
Andy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

elksie

Free Member
Apr 19, 2011
Midlands & Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
The problem is that the heater is not working on gas. The cooker works & the fridge but not the heater. So we thought that maybe the gas hadn't been switched on to the heater properly, but it appears not.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back