Autotrail Cheyane..???

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by old-mo, Sep 17, 2010.

1. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Due to various family health issues I am seriously thinking of changing from my US R-Vision Trailite, to an Autotraile Cheyenne (Tag Axle) with the 2 single beds and the bathroom attached at the rear.

I think the model is 850S. It would have to be a year or two old as I dont think they make that model now.

Auto-trail owners would you know the weight I can tow with a 4,500kg MH.

And does anybody know where I can pick one up and if they take US R.V`s in part X.. If not mine will be for sale.. :cry:

Gonna miss the comfort and space of the Yank, but doubt we will be doing much more continental touring any more and for the UK yanks are not the best size for the places we like to go & visit.

Thanks.

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Mo,

I have an AutoTrail Cheyenne 840SE, honest opinion with no sales patter, drove it 200 miles back to base without a beat towing a Renault Modus Toad.

Reasonable on fuel, maybe 23/25mpg, bit sluggish on hills but not a problem.

Fantastic interior, felt very warm and cosy and homely. Brilliant heater, had to tun it down, got too hot and I like my warmth! Loads of locker space with concealed lighting.

The nicest van I have stayed in for that 'nice' feeling, better than the £60,000 Burstner I have in stock.

Peter

3. pegasus

pegasus Read Only Funster

Hi Mo,
    The Max Gross Train weight for the CHEYENNE 840S is 6000kgs.
    The Max Gross weight is 4250kgs.

Kind regards
    Christos