Autosleeper symbol / symphony (1 Viewer)

andrew.pearce

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Funster No
Hi, new to the site so a quick hello along with some help with a few questions.

We are a youngish couple who have owned a 90's talbot express 'van for a couple of years. We are lucky enough to live in beautiful South Devon and, due to the fact we both work full time, have many varied 'mini weekend breaks' within a few hours of
home. We also have a small renovation project in mid France (pile of stone if the truth be known, but it's a good excuse to get on the ferry), so pop over the water when ever the time and the wallet allows!

We are wanting to upgrade to a newer van and would love some advice.

Requirements for van:
Second hand - unfortunately new vans out not an option due to budget
Must be Panel van conversion due to Devon roads and ferry costs!
Front lounge layout
Toilet / shower room
Heating

Van being considered:
Auto sleeper Symbol / Symphony (1999 - 2001)

Advice please from any owners of the above:
Sleeping - Being 6ft, can you sleep across a symbol/symphony in comfort?
Engine size: Is the 1.9 diesel or 2.0 petrol powerful enough?

Look forward to any help or advice

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Andrew,

What sort of budget have you got in mind? Panel vans can be 19' 8" long whereas a coachbuilt can be 18' 6"

Peter

OP
OP
A

andrew.pearce

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Funster No
Hi Peter

Budget could stretch to £20K for right van, though would prefer less. SWB van ok but would go for LWB if sleeping is an issue across the van - would like to stick with panel van due to width more than length

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have a nice Elddis Autostratus, 4 berth with 4 belts and habitation air con, front lounge and well specced in that price range.

Peter

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I have a slightly earlier Symphony, a 1997 which is based on the same boxer van. I would say to definitely avoid the petrol version as very lacking in power. I'm 5'11" tall and I cannot sleep across the van so we use the two singles layout. We like (not love) the van but we are limited by parking space so that is why we chose it although I believe an Autosleeper Nuevo (coachbuilt),r would probably suit us better.

Big Ed

Free Member
May 4, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We recently sold a Romahome Dimension which we found very comfortable (wanted something bigger)
I am 6'' 4'' tall and found the single berths plenty big enough, the only downside was the small Loo.
If you wnat to see one try Avon Motorhmes near nBristol Airport.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Andrew, Welcome :thumb:At 6 ft tall the only panel vans you may get a comfy nights sleep in (across ) are the new shape fiat,pugs and Citroen as these have internal dimensions of around 6 ft 2 ins width.If you want anything longer you will have to go for longitudinal beds :thumb: No other panel vans made are much above 5 ft 10 ins wide so across ways sleeping is a none starter :ROFLMAO:Good luck on your search and remember layout / comfort is everything :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back