Autoroute - to buy or not to buy? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Is this worth buying?
We are doing a 2 month trip to Europe and won't always be able to get internet conections to sort out sites etc, have a few books & maps but was wondering whether to invest in this?
There seems to be different versions? or varying different prices at least £35 - £80
The more expensive one looks like it has a GPS locater - do you have to be online to use this ?Edited:
On one site I have just read that "GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and an available USB port." does TomTom support this?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi all map point and auto route mapping progs are stand alone you don't need to be online, they both take a GPS sensor, (cheap on ebay), then work like a satnav with the car moving alone the road instead of the other way around. /However they do not automatically recalculate if you miss a turn. You must instruct it to recalculate.
You can add poi sets easily and there are loads out there. Including Cs, CL's aires, stellplatz etc.
hope that helps.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Roger, I think you find that the 2010 version of Autoroute, you do not have to instruct it to reroute, it does it automatically. One version comes with the GPS in the box.

You do not need to be online. Autoroute shows the big picture, exactly where you are on a map. Great programme. As Roger said there are lots of POI's out there. A lot on this site to download, if I remember correctly.

We use Autoroute2010 in conjuction with Tom Tom. I highly recommend Autoroute 2010.:thumb::thumb:

Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We use Autoroute2010 in conjuction with Tom Tom. I highly recommend Autoroute 2010.:thumb::thumb:

Lesley[/SIZE][/COLOR]
As do we, ie Autoroute for route planning and co-ordinates, and TomTom Truck Europe for navigation using the Autoroute co-ordinates.

If you look around, you won't need to buy it. :coolthumb:

Pm me if I can help.

Cheers,

Jock.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is this worth buying?
We are doing a 2 month trip to Europe and won't always be able to get internet conections to sort out sites etc,

Autoroute does not do sites out of the box. You may be able to pick up some POIs to do this.

But I know one that does, the ACSI DVD:

Link Removed

Not as good a map as Autoroute and does not link to a GPS module to show you location but it's got a shed load of sites listed. Buy the book as well if you want site discounts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back