Autoroute 2010 (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Has anyone got the "quick search" to work?

(e.g. just type in a location or thing in the search box and click search - rather than the full "find" dialogue?)

Mine doesn't - even with the Trial download from MS...... It just briefly pops up the search window and then it vanishes straight away.

Tried on both Windows 7 (multiple machines) and an XP (virtual) with same effect.

Also can't get the maps from AR2010 to work on AR2007 - it just freezes :(

edit: CTRL-F full search dialog, "place / data" tab works fine and has the same functionality - its just the search box om the main page that doesn't.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years

(e.g. just type in a location or thing in the search box and click search - rather than the full "find" dialogue?)

Mine doesn't - even with the Trial download from MS...... It just briefly pops up the search window and then it vanishes straight away.

Tried on both Windows 7 (multiple machines) and an XP (virtual) with same effect.

edit: CTRL-F full search dialog, "place / data" tab works fine and has the same functionality - its just the search box om the main page that doesn't.

Just tried the search function and it works ok for me.

If you want any help try this forum Link Removed

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009

Hi.

I'm having the same problem, when I type in a UK town or postcode a full box appears and you are taken to the location in the map view, if I enter a european place name the detail box just flashes on the screen and nothing happens in the map view.

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Well ***** me

Due to you saying it worked, I tried again and put in my full post code and it found it!
Then I typed in "rome" and it also worked. And now everything works! It didn't!!! UK and abroad

I've got it on another laptop at home I can try next week (snowboarding lessons at MK at mo)

Maybe a full UK postcode kicks it into action.

Hmmm.....

Ah well - at least it works :)

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
We use AR with a GPS, it's the business for route planning and enroute that red circle showing you where you are is very comforting:Smile:

I normally plot the route from AR into my TomTom, Then sian follows our progress using AR and its big picture. Will definitely buy this new version:Smile:
I do the same I agree its good to see the bigger picture and also to see where you are is good

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Does anybody know if AR 2010 will do this automatically i.e will it link into Tom Tom and download POI's ?

It does for routes, you have to save them then import them into the sat nav, It may do the same for POI's

CamperJohn

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Horsham UK
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Whem Jim says he plots AR to his TT, is that directly as a file transfer or manually ? I use Co Pilot and AR is a much better route planner.

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
It does for routes, you have to save them then import them into the sat nav, It may do the same for POI's

Im trying to work out how to do this for AR and TT Europe .I can see a button that says 'Configure GPS'but pressing this just prompts the AR to say 'GPS not detected'.
I can see that AR can export . GPX files so i guess I need to convert this to OV2 Tom Tom format, more investigations required ....grrrrrrrrr :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bushman51

Free Member
Apr 26, 2009
Mainly France
Funster No
Exp
30+
Opening/importing MapPoint files in Autoroute

I tried to import/open pushpins from MapPoint 2009 (.ptm files) in AutoRoute 2010, so far without success. If you know how to do, please tell me. Thanks.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
AR is good and I often use it, but I do wish they would extend it to include more countries to the east.

Ukraine should by now be fully mapped and on AR. Also would like to see Belarus included though I think MS would undoubtedly meet with certain 'issues' there which even Gates may find challenging.

Going south, Bosnia, Serbia and Albania should also be on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back