AutoRoute 2007

Discussion in 'Computers' started by sostas, Jul 23, 2009.

1. sostas

sostas Read Only Funster

Hi,
    In AutoRoute 2007, can anyone tell me how to cut and paste (to a Word Document) the list of place names that make up the route. ie the far left hand pane of the 'plan a route window'.
    I am fairly familiar with AutoRoute 2007 so can print maps, c & p directions etc. but it would be handy to be able to extract just the list of place names, if indeed this is possible.
    Thank you. Sostas :Smile:

2. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

You obviously know you can click the route, click COPY TEXT then paste into word?

If you want the "points" you set up for the route though, erm....

Are you on Vista? If so - click the "start" button and type "Snip" and load up "Snipping tool". Draw a box around what you want then "paste" into Word. Bit of a bodge... but...

3. JayDee

JayDee Funster

I'm not on Vista so...
    Using a piece of software by Traction Software called Screen Grab Pro i made an image of the map with my route (the way points, if you like) down the LH side by pressing F9. I requested auto display which displayed the captured image in Picasa (my default). I then tried again - this time clicking F8 to grab region and selected just the waypoints list, and bingo, it showed in Picasa. Simple now to diplay it or print it or even e-mail to a friend:Smile:

Now I'm sure there are more elegant solutions, but, hey, it worked for me.:thumb:

Hope this is helpful

John

4. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Would think the easiest way would be to save your map & way-points to desktop use poiconverter this will convert it to exel this will give you all the info.

You can also convert to files you can add to your satnav

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  5. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

You could do ctrl prnt scrn (Control & Print Screen) then past that into word (adjust by cropping)

6. dangleberry

dangleberry Deleted User

no need to do this

If you go to Template they have all the point of interest files you could ever need and it's all free. caravan and camp sites / camping, Etc.