Autoroller 7 inverter

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by ELKA, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ELKA

ELKA Read Only Funster

Just bought a 2005 lhd autoroller 7 and all is good except for heater does not seem to ignite and I dont know where the inverter is or if there is an inverter as standard. Can you service the heater yourself and appreciate any help on the inverter. When on battery I cannot use any sockets which I thought worked.
    BTW its our first camper in case anyone has not already guessed.:Blush:

2. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

Welcome to MHF :BigGrin:,

Motorhomes generally do not come with inverters fitted. The sockets will only work if you are hooked up the the mains supply (EHU). As for your heater it could be that the igniter battery needs replacing or it is fed from the 12 volt supply (so make sure that is on).

Personally unless you know what you are doing I would leave the heater service to a professional.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Usually inverters are not standard, and most are not wired to the normal mains sockets but to one or two dedicated ' inverter only' sockets. Although it would be possible to wire them so that the inverter supplied the same sockets (with some sort of switchover) I can't imagine that anyone would bother, for one thing an AES fridge would then automatically switch to using mains from the inverter which would rapidly drain your batteries.

4. ELKA

ELKA Read Only Funster

Thanks PABLOMC, I can wire in an inverter but still have issue with the heater.
    The igniter is working as I can hear it but no flame. I have taken off the fron cover but to take out seems to be a two hour job in and out. I dont think it was used so may be stuffed gas jet hopefully. I hate to bring this to a dealer as I have had bad car experiences and big invoices.
    Seems pretty simple heater though.:thumb:

5. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

The other thing with the heater is to check the gas isolation valve is not turned off (sometimes can be located in obscure places). Sounds like you know your way around such things, so I assume you will have already checked for that. Good luck with getting it sorted.

As for an inverter wiring one into the mains will probably not be the best method (as mentioned by "nearlyretired") and you will need a big bank off batteries if you wish to run anything significant. There are plenty of threads here on the subject if you search for them. :thumb:

6. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome :thumb: Why not wait and see if you need a inverter ?
    Try lighting your fire with a match/taper to see if the gas is getting through.It could well be in need of a clean / vacum If you take it to a caravan / MH dealer they could give it a habitation check at the same time as looking at your fire,They usually have a fixed price for this so no nasty surprises and knowing it has been checked over will give you peace of mind that all systems are go :Rofl1::thumb:
    Not sure about mobile caravan doctors in Ireland but it may be worth searching for one as they are usually cheaper than people with premisses / overheads
    terry

7. ELKA

ELKA Read Only Funster

truma heater

Thanks Terry for the tips good info.

Waiting for first light and a sleep on it which may fix it tomorrow.

E:Laughing: