Autoquest 130 PSU

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Dubiousp, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Dubiousp

Dubiousp Read Only Funster

Good evening all, does anyone know the make and model of the PSU on the 09 Autoquest 130.

Im trying to find the best location for the battery master, but the schematic in the manual does not seem to tally with whats there.

So trying to find the battery input connectors to the PSU

Sorry suggested EHU previously :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The battery master is connected to the positive sides of the two (leisure and starter) batteries and the common earth so the 240v power supply is irrelevant. You just need to find suitable wires to connect to or lead new wires to the appropriate battery terminals.

3. Dubiousp

Yes sorry agreed its the LV not mains however I thought the that the PSU has a battery input connector which would have been an ideal location to connect. Either that or finding the split charge relay

4. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

Don't know whether you have a battery master or not, I can't find my split charge module either.
    Found this http://www.motts.dsl.pipex.com/BRIDGING FUSE.htm

Very simple concept.

However instead of an ordinary fuse I got a 12V 20A auto trip switch, like a mains mcb. If there is too much juice flying about, it breaks the circuit, like - when you forget to disconnect (switch at the trip switch) and start the engine, you get the big kick from the alternator and heavy discharge to turn over the starter motor.

You then press a button on the unit, then it is reset.

Remember too that if there is little or no charge say from a solar panel (horrible uk weather/Winter) or you cannot hook up either from a site or beside your home/storage. Then the stealth attack on your batteries will be taken across both your Veh battery and the leisure batts. So you could end up with them all discharged.

5. Dubiousp

I suppose quite a simple idea just linking the two batteries, I wonder if putting a blocking diode in line would help stop reverse draining the engine battery if you were on site using leisure battery