Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
I want to replace my Truma gas regulator with an automatic changeover including regulator. It looks very straightforward apart from the issue of knowing which connections I need: 10mm or 8mm connections. It's not easy to measure the diameter of the gas pipe when there's only 2mm difference! If I enter Truma EN61-DS for the existing regulator, it still give me a choice of 8mm or 10mm. Any clues? This is the existing regulator....
IMAG0189.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Look up the part number on the old regulator if you can't find the info ring Trauma or find a friend or neighbour with a vernier to measure it also make an allowance if it is plastic coated.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
If changing to an auto changeover valve worth fitting a C remote, then you will know when it's changed to the reserve cylinder without leaving your seat.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I'm lazy, but not that lazy :D

you are in danger of running out of gas then

I have stuck with manual change for just that reason, provided that I remember that I have changed it over I should not run out

the first you may know you have no gas left is when the fridge starts clicking or the Alde starts flashing at daft o'clock one cold morning o_O(y)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Not a case of being lazy but knowing when you need to top up. Once it changes to the reserve we top up at the first LPG pump we see.
Although I check at the end of each trip out; when I turn off at the bottles, do you have a link or name a product that does this. Anything to make life easier, especially as the last two occasions I have returned to storage and forgotten to switch off.:rolleyes:

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020

I have stuck with manual change for just that reason, provided that I remember that I have changed it over I should not run out

the first you may know you have no gas left is when the fridge starts clicking or the Alde starts flashing at daft o'clock one cold morning o_O(y)
That's why I stuck with manual too, especially as my second cylinder is a non refillable type so want to very much keep it as back up.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
KISS (keep it simple stupid). Manual changeover for me for basic simplicity AND you can get ones with a pressure gauge for leak detection.

OP
OP
WhiteCheyenneMan

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011

Not necessarily, because, provided I check morning and evening, I would know when it has changed from the first bottle to the second bottle.

The reason behind making the change is to avoid the fridge going off on a warm night.........or the heating on a cold one

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Although I check at the end of each trip out; when I turn off at the bottles, do you have a link or name a product that does this. Anything to make life easier, especially as the last two occasions I have returned to storage and forgotten to switch off.:rolleyes:
Truma Part no: 50210-01

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think you will find that the unit comes with adapters for both pipe sizes; I just bought a spare Duo CS and rang Truma UK to ask the very same question.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
KISS (keep it simple stupid). Manual changeover for me for basic simplicity AND you can get ones with a pressure gauge for leak detection.
Minus 10 outside just going to bed and the gas runs out, or you get up in the morning van freezing & no hot water for a shower - No thanks.:D
Had enough of that in my tugging days.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Minus 10 outside just going to bed and the gas runs out, or you get up in the morning van freezing & no hot water for a shower - No thanks.:D
Surely the wife doesn't mind doing it......a bit of practice and she will be fine.....:D

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990

Each to their own @Lenny HB. Must say, I wouldn't be without the pressure gauge on my manual changeover. It's identified the occasional leak in the gas locker and the presence of reduced pressure due to the butane/propane mix becoming critical because of too much filling in mainland Europe where the % butane content can be significant.

Sometimes, inconvenience can reap other benefits. :D

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I've got the Automatic changeover. I leave one bottle turned off, when it runs out just turn changeover valve to full one. Simples :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have always avoided automatic changeover as I would not like to run out of gas. I do have internal gas level gauges, so could achieve the same effect just by having both bottles turned on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back