Autohomes Wanderer Electrics Problem

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by goatboy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. goatboy

goatboy Read Only Funster

Hi, does anyone out there know anything about the wiring routes in an Autohomes Wanderer. The problem is with the vehicle's lights. It's suspected that the problem is where the marker lights are bridged into the vehicles original loom. The base vehicle is Peugeot Boxer. I'm starting to get a bit desperate now as it's MOT time in a couple of weeks.
    Any clues or comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Your marker lights are not part of the MoT test if that helps for now:thumb:
    G

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I had a rear marker light fail and eventually traced it to no ground on the metal skin of the whole side. I made a new ground to chassis and the light is fine. How a whole side can not have an earth connection I do not know.

4. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

In my limited experience rear markers are connected to rear light wiring either behind the lights or into the loom feeding the rear lights underneath the rear of the vehicle. Front markers usually pick up the sidelight wiring feeding each headlamp

5. goatboy

goatboy Read Only Funster

Thanks for the replies + more details.

Thanks for the replies Guys. Basically, when I turn on sidelights, only right front & left rear come on.
    When I turn on Headlights, both headlights & left rear come on.
    The marker lights don't come on at all.
    Both side indicators work OK.
    I've had an autoelectrician take a look & he thinks the problem will lie with where the standard vans' loom is branched into, but he's at a loss as to where this is.
    There appears to be precious little known about the Autohomes Wanderer.
    Re; marker lights & MOT, I thought any lights fitted must work, but anyhow I certainly need to have both sidelights & rear light clusters working.
    I've got a horrible feeling about this problem running on & on, but I'm running out of time. (trips booked etc).
    BUGGER!!!!!