Autocruise Wentworth 2002 Main Door Lock (1 Viewer)

grahamopenshaw

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
Newark Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
6 months
Hi, I am new to motorhoming, I have a very temperamental Main door lock on my 2002 Autocruise Wentworth, sometimes it will lock, sometimes it wont, I have squirted it with everything to no availe. I have scoured lots of websites looking for a new or second hand handle /lock, but most motorhome locks look totally different to mine. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to contact any websites or motorhome breakers or repairers that could help me. Failing that I presume I will have to drive it to a locksmith for them to look at!

Look forward to any help and advice,

Many thanks,

Graham.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
To clarify.....

Are you just having trouble with the key but it locks OK from the inside ?

After a visit to the Sahara I had to flush the locks with a massive amount of WD40 then let them dry and finished off with graphite lock lube. Graphite is the perfect lube because it's dry and does cause crap to stick inside.

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Hi Grayham welcome to the best site on the net

Brian [hilldweller] is right use some graphite powder, it works wonders on sticky & jammed up locks. I had a similar problem with my lock on the hab door tried everything ended up taking the advice of a locksmith and used graphite powder it works a treat .

good luck and safe & happy travels:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
Might just be worth a look inside as they are v straightforward. There is a chance that the barrel part is not making good contact with the stub seat or there is wear at this point. Standard circlip pliers are all that is needed.

dav

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Funster No
lock barrels and oil dont mix my friend. The oil prevents the pins dropping out the plug and with disks or tibby types although you can see an improvement initially the oil collects airborne particles and turns into a gooey paste . Graphite is a good option, check for wear on your key. If the key has a number on it anywhere with a unicode should sort you out.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Graham a photo would be of help ?
try http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/
Does the lock work OK when the door is open ? or just on locking in position? If only on locking then your keep may need adjustment .
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back