Autocruise Startrail (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Any one else purchased a Startrail in the last few months. I purchased one in April and so far I'm quite impressed with it..mind you it's stood at me sisters house at the moment as we are in Tenerife helping some friends for a few weeks ...and do you know we are missing motorhoming:Cool::Cool:

So any other Startrail owners let us know your thoughts good bad or indifferent on the Marque!!:Cool::Cool:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We could not find a used one so we have done a deal on a 10 month old Swift Ace Airstream 680FB which has the same layout although slight differences with the furniture 5k miles : Solar Panel / 2 Leisure Batteries / Microwave / Bike Rack / Towbar / Sigma Alarm / Status TV System / and best of all A Fixed Bed pick it up Friday and a good deal to boot , then its off to France again on Tuesday all being well :thumb::thumb::thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Any one else purchased a Startrail in the last few months. I purchased one in April and so far I'm quite impressed with it..mind you it's stood at me sisters house at the moment as we are in Tenerife helping some friends for a few weeks ...and do you know we are missing motorhoming:Cool::Cool:

So any other Startrail owners let us know your thoughts good bad or indifferent on the Marque!!:Cool::Cool:

Not an Autocruise Startrail but we have a Starseeker which is a different layout I'm sure.
I also have been very happy with the whole motorhome. I find that at last the builders have started to recognise what it is we motorhomers want.

We changed from an RV so had a very big learning curve, but I find that the more we use it the more I like it. Size is not everthing, though many RV's will disagree with me, but with the smaller van I find I no longer think about going into small villages or getting lost.

I know what you mean about missing it, last year we went to Singapore to see our son and was glad to get back and be off to southern climes fo the winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

charlieb2

Free Member
Mar 20, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
Apr 09 -
Yes we purchased our's in April too and we love it france here we come!

Oldroadies

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Channel Islands
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autocruise
Exp
6 + 20 caravaning
Hi all Autocruisers
We took delivery of our Startrail in November last year - we bought an ex-demo with 300 miles and got a really good deal, then because it was unregistered and we live outside of the UK we got the VAT back:ROFLMAO:
We have only a couple of minor things to be sorted - the fridge not working correctly on auto mode and a loose soap dish holder! We absolutely love it and will be taking our first holiday in it in 12 days, 22 hours and 30 seconds - not counting really.
However, We have used it every weekend on our Rock to get used to it all even though we have only done 500 miles!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we are, the only gripe I have is that we bought it from Lowdhams in Reading and when they closed no-one thought to let us know and we had it's first habitational service booked - luckily Webbs can do the service for us, but it would have been nice to have been informed.

charlieb2

Free Member
Mar 20, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
Apr 09 -
Hi There, just thought you would like to know that we have the same problem with the fridge, have you got yours sorted yet? also does your step retract when the engine starts?

OP
OP
mondo
Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Just going slightly off me thread, does any one know if the Autocruise owners club is still going (The Autocruisers) I sent an email ages ago never got a reply and there does'nt seem to have been any activity on there for a while either:whatthe:

OP
OP
mondo
Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Now theres a thought Peter.....never thought of that ........up here for thinking....down there for dancing eh!!

Oldroadies

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Channel Islands
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autocruise
Exp
6 + 20 caravaning
Hi There, just thought you would like to know that we have the same problem with the fridge, have you got yours sorted yet? also does your step retract when the engine starts?

Hi Charlie

Yes our step retracts and no we haven't got the fridge sorted yet - we come over to the UK next week and the habitational service is on friday. I posted a question about the fridge on the mmm site ages ago, and the "experts" seemed to think that it had been incorrectly wired, as it goes from electric to gas ok, just the 12v to gas and reverse.

Hope you get yours sorted - all besides it's a cracking van - roll on the holidays:thumb:

charlieb2

Free Member
Mar 20, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
Apr 09 -
Thanks for the reply, our dealer is trying to sort the problem but i think it is going to be long winded. On auto all ours will do it try to conect to gas.::bigsmile:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi All
I am now the proud owner of Mondos startrail and wondered howothers are doing with their niggles

Phill

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Just going slightly off me thread, does any one know if the Autocruise owners club is still going (The Autocruisers) I sent an email ages ago never got a reply and there does'nt seem to have been any activity on there for a while either:whatthe:

Autocruise owners club is still going, I am no longer a member but they were at the NEC in October. :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

I think the Swift owners club is still going strong, they may have amalgamated since Swift took on AutoCruise

Peter

Greysand

Free Member
Feb 4, 2010
Mablethorpe, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Bought mine last October and haven't used it much yet but so far very positive.::bigsmile:

Only fault is that I can't adjust the date on the control panel up or down.

Anybody else got this fault?

Oldroadies

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Channel Islands
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autocruise
Exp
6 + 20 caravaning
Autocruisers Club

Sorry to reply a year late, but in answer to your question, yes it does still exist, they had a new website built, so maybe your email got lost in the changeover.
We joined at the NEC last year and have done one rally so far and doing another in a couple of weeks, nice friendly bunch and good locations, free to join in or do your own thing, but meals etc are organised if you want to go. here's the link;
<www.theautocruisers.com/> if you need a contact number let me know and I'll send it by message. - Oldroadies:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back