Autocruise Startrail

Discussion in 'Autocruise CH' started by mondo, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Any one else purchased a Startrail in the last few months. I purchased one in April and so far I'm quite impressed with it..mind you it's stood at me sisters house at the moment as we are in Tenerife helping some friends for a few weeks ...and do you know we are missing motorhoming:Cool::Cool:

So any other Startrail owners let us know your thoughts good bad or indifferent on the Marque!!:Cool::Cool:

2. Lincolnshire Rover

Lincolnshire Rover Read Only Funster

We could not find a used one so we have done a deal on a 10 month old Swift Ace Airstream 680FB which has the same layout although slight differences with the furniture 5k miles : Solar Panel / 2 Leisure Batteries / Microwave / Bike Rack / Towbar / Sigma Alarm / Status TV System / and best of all A Fixed Bed pick it up Friday and a good deal to boot , then its off to France again on Tuesday all being well :thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. keith

keith Funster

Not an Autocruise Startrail but we have a Starseeker which is a different layout I'm sure.
    I also have been very happy with the whole motorhome. I find that at last the builders have started to recognise what it is we motorhomers want.

We changed from an RV so had a very big learning curve, but I find that the more we use it the more I like it. Size is not everthing, though many RV's will disagree with me, but with the smaller van I find I no longer think about going into small villages or getting lost.

I know what you mean about missing it, last year we went to Singapore to see our son and was glad to get back and be off to southern climes fo the winter.

4. charlieb2

charlieb2 Read Only Funster

Yes we purchased our's in April too and we love it france here we come!

5. Oldroadies

Oldroadies Read Only Funster

Hi all Autocruisers
    We took delivery of our Startrail in November last year - we bought an ex-demo with 300 miles and got a really good deal, then because it was unregistered and we live outside of the UK we got the VAT back:Rofl1:
    We have only a couple of minor things to be sorted - the fridge not working correctly on auto mode and a loose soap dish holder! We absolutely love it and will be taking our first holiday in it in 12 days, 22 hours and 30 seconds - not counting really.
    However, We have used it every weekend on our Rock to get used to it all even though we have only done 500 miles!
    Hope you enjoy it as much as we are, the only gripe I have is that we bought it from Lowdhams in Reading and when they closed no-one thought to let us know and we had it's first habitational service booked - luckily Webbs can do the service for us, but it would have been nice to have been informed.

6. charlieb2

Hi There, just thought you would like to know that we have the same problem with the fridge, have you got yours sorted yet? also does your step retract when the engine starts?

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Yes the new AutoCruises are being well received.

Peter

8. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Just going slightly off me thread, does any one know if the Autocruise owners club is still going (The Autocruisers) I sent an email ages ago never got a reply and there does'nt seem to have been any activity on there for a while either:Eek!:

9. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Possibly amalgamated with the SWIFT owners club, just a thought.

{oeter

10. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Now theres a thought Peter.....never thought of that ........up here for thinking....down there for dancing eh!!

11. Oldroadies

Hi Charlie

Yes our step retracts and no we haven't got the fridge sorted yet - we come over to the UK next week and the habitational service is on friday. I posted a question about the fridge on the mmm site ages ago, and the "experts" seemed to think that it had been incorrectly wired, as it goes from electric to gas ok, just the 12v to gas and reverse.

Hope you get yours sorted - all besides it's a cracking van - roll on the holidays:thumb:

12. charlieb2

Thanks for the reply, our dealer is trying to sort the problem but i think it is going to be long winded. On auto all ours will do it try to conect to gas.:BigGrin:

13. iceni

iceni Read Only Funster

Hi All
    I am now the proud owner of Mondos startrail and wondered howothers are doing with their niggles

Phill

14. geofliz

geofliz Read Only Funster

Autocruise owners club is still going, I am no longer a member but they were at the NEC in October. :thumb:

15. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

I think the Swift owners club is still going strong, they may have amalgamated since Swift took on AutoCruise

Peter

16. Greysand

Greysand Read Only Funster

Bought mine last October and haven't used it much yet but so far very positive.:BigGrin:

Only fault is that I can't adjust the date on the control panel up or down.

Anybody else got this fault?

17. Oldroadies

Autocruisers Club

Sorry to reply a year late, but in answer to your question, yes it does still exist, they had a new website built, so maybe your email got lost in the changeover.
    We joined at the NEC last year and have done one rally so far and doing another in a couple of weeks, nice friendly bunch and good locations, free to join in or do your own thing, but meals etc are organised if you want to go. here's the link;
    <www.theautocruisers.com/> if you need a contact number let me know and I'll send it by message. - Oldroadies:Cool: